You will be expected to be Recruiter at Torre for three years. The knowledge you'll gain may then enable you to become:
- Head of a recruiting team (at Torre or outside Torre)
- Head of a human resources team (at Torre or outside of Torre)
- Head of a sales team (at Torre or outside of Torre)
- Chief Operations Officer (at Torre or outside of Torre)
- Leader of a business unit (at Torre or outside Torre)
- Founder of your own business (outside Torre)
Right after you join, we will agree on your tour of duty, which specifically defines a successful employer-employee partnership: You promise to devote your time and energy to us with the goal of growing Torre; we promise to invest in your personal and professional growth so that when the time comes for you to leave Torre, you'll have the tools, experience, and network to achieve equal success elsewhere.
- You will report to the COO
- If you wish, you may have an executive assistant reporting to you
- You will be collaborating with all team leaders at Torre that are expanding their teams
Of course, as we learn, experiment, and grow, our team structures may change.
At Torre, our mission is to make work fulfilling for everyone. As the recruiter of Torre, you'll be responsible for recruiting the team that will get us there. Being a distributed team, you'll be looking for entrepreneurial minds all over the Western Hemisphere that have a fierce determination to accomplish big, hairy, audacious goals.
To get there, you are likely to be responsible, in turn, for:
- Managing and improving the most important process of our company: recruiting
- Identifying what makes a great Torrex (a member of the Torre team)
- Working with team leaders to identify the career path, responsibilities, challenges, compensation, and requirements for new roles
- Publishing our career openings widely
- Identifying the best professionals in diverse professions (engineering, product, operations, customer services, sales, marketing, etc.) from all countries in the Americas
- Aggressively poaching talent from other companies
- Selling the Torre experience to potential candidates
- Making job offers
- Successfully handing off new hires to the PeopleOps team, for them to start the hiring and onboarding process.
- Building an internal referral program
- Managing our "employer branding"
- Answering questions from candidates (sometimes via online chat)
- Pursuing our mission: Make work fulfilling
- Safeguarding our motto: Always to deliver memorable experiences
To accomplish your responsibilities you can count on resources such as functional support on multiple fronts, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and a generous budget.
- Identifying the best of the best
- Identifying talent that is interested and will be able to properly work in a distributed fashion
- Recruiting entrepreneurial minds, as they tend to prefer being their own bosses
- Poaching from companies that have deeper pockets than Torre
- Frequently coming across unknowns
- Managing constant change and sudden growth
- Working in a demanding environment
- Giving and receiving candid feedback without either making or taking it personally.
At Torre, we heavily invest in education. We will give you the tools and the time to learn and sharpen these skills:
- Human resources
- Sales and marketing
- Lean startups
- Management and leadership
- Product management
- Software engineering
During your first month at Torre, your onboarding will focus on learning instead of executing. You will read several industry-recognized books, learn about our history and standards, and shadow other Torrex. Afterwards, you will continue your education by getting candid feedback via our internal braintrusts, attending conferences, and investing a significant amount of your time reading about the state of the art.
We are willing to wait for the best candidates. As such, you may be able to join our team right away or we can wait for several months, if needed.
At Torre, we are all used to working in a distributed fashion. As such, this role is open to professionals anywhere in the Western hemisphere. While you can work from home, you can also work from any co-working space of your choice. We'll pay for it. Alternatively, you can also work from our office in Bogotá.
Depending on your experience, between ~USD$40,000 to ~$80,000 per year or equivalent in your local currency, plus stock options
- Our mission is to make work fulfilling
- Our motto is to always deliver memorable experiences
- We are entrepreneurial
- We make bold bets
- We feel encouraged to make mistakes we can learn from
- We strategize smartly and work hard
- We like data
- We value people, inquisitiveness, speed, candor, and courage.
- We aim for work/life integration
- Flexible vacation time
- Extended support for your social responsibility project via Torre Social
- Week-long hackathon and business competitions every quarter
- Depending on your country of residence, paid health insurance
- Working alongside a group of entrepreneurial, motivated, diverse, and curious professionals
These are skills that you are likely to need to enjoy and succeed in this role:
- Woo. You must love the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. You must derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and making connections with others.
Communication. You must find it easy to put your thoughts into words, be a good conversationalist, and presenter.
Empathy. Sensing the feelings of other people should come natural to you.
Individualization. You must be intrigued with the unique qualities of each person while being good at figuring out how people who are different can work together productively.
Discipline. You must enjoy routine and structure.
- Achievement. You need to have a great deal of stamina and take great satisfaction from working hard and being busy and productive.
While you will learn multiple hard skills while on the job, you must already have most of these skills:
- Distributed work
- English (perfect writing, speaking, and listening skills)
- Having recruited
- Having been an entrepreneur is a plus
At Torre, our mission is to make work fulfilling for everyone. We dream of the day when all seven billion humans, no matter their gender, nationality, location, or socioeconomic background, will be able to participate fairly in the global market and make their work fulfilling. Learn more about our mission and our history.
To accomplish this goal, we need movers and shakers who have a fierce determination to accomplish big, hairy, audacious goals. That's why we hire entrepreneurs at Torre. Learn more about building your career at Torre.
Apply without an application
We know the best professionals are busy. As such, we won't ask you to submit an application. Instead, just let us know if you are interested. If we then foresee a potential match, we'll get back to you with any potential questions we may have.
If you are an existing Torrex, contact Santiago Jaramillo Torrenegra internally.
We are ready to answer any questions you may have.