You will be expected to be a UX researcher and tester for two to three years. The knowledge you'll gain may then enable you to become:
- Leader of a group of UX researchers and testers (at Torre or outside Torre)
- Product manager (at Torre or outside Torre)
- Leader of a business unit (at Torre or outside Torre)
- Founder of your own business (outside Torre)
Right after you join, we will agree on your tour of duty, which specifically defines a successful employer-employee partnership. You promise to devote your time and energy to us with the goal of growing Torre; we promise to invest in your personal and professional growth so that when the time comes for you to leave Torre, you'll have the tools, experience, and network to achieve equal success elsewhere.
- You will be part of a product team
- A product manager will lead you
- You will work closely with software engineers, the Torrex of our customer operations teams, and other UX researchers and testers
- You won't have to lead other Torrex
Of course, as we learn, experiment, and grow, our team structures may change.
For one of our products, you will be in charge of testing the product yourself and with our users to gather and share knowledge that will lead to its improvement.
To get there, you are likely to be responsible, in turn, for:
- Designing, coordinating, and executing usability and desirability tests
- Performing exploratory tests
- Analyzing recordings of user sessions
- Performing manual regression tests
- Coordinating, with engineers, the creation of automated tests
- Suggesting improvements to our products
- Reporting, confirming, prioritizing, and distributing product bugs
- Pursuing our mission: Make work fulfilling
- Safeguarding our motto: Always deliver memorable experiences
To accomplish your responsibilities you can count on resources such as functional support on multiple fronts, state-of-the-art equipment, and a generous budget.
At Torre, we heavily invest in education. We will give you the tools and the time to learn and sharpen these skills:
- Usability testing
- Desirability testing
- Product management
- Design thinking
- Lean startups
- Software documentation
During your first three months at Torre, your onboarding will focus on learning instead of executing. You will read several industry-recognized books, learn about our standards, and shadow other Torrex. Afterwards, you will continue your education by getting candid feedback via our internal braintrusts, attending conferences, and investing a significant amount of your time reading about the state of the art.
As a growing and evolving team, we are always looking for professionals interested in this career path. As such, we have timing flexibility. Depending on your preference, you may be able to join our team right away or months, even years, down the line.
At Torre, we are all used to working in a distributed fashion. As such, this role is open to professionals anywhere in the Western hemisphere. While you can work from home, you can also work from any co-working space of your choice. We'll pay for it. Alternatively, you can also work from our office in Bogotá.
Depending on your experience, between ~USD$16,000 to ~$25,000 per year or equivalent in your local currency.
- Our mission is to make work fulfilling
- Our motto is to always deliver memorable experiences
- We are entrepreneurial
- We make bold bets
- We feel encouraged to make mistakes we can learn from
- We strategize smartly and work hard
- We like data
- Among others, we value people, inquisitiveness, candor, and courage
- We aim for work/life integration
- Flexible vacation time
- Extended support for your social responsibility project via Torre Social
- Week-long hackathon and business competitions every quarter
- Depending on your country of residence, paid health insurance
- Working alongside a group of entrepreneurial, motivated, diverse, and curious professionals
These are skills that you are likely to need to enjoy and succeed in this role:
- Communication. You should be able to find words for not only your own thoughts and feelings, but for those of others. You should have the ability to reach out and connect with others in meaningful ways
- Empathy. You should easily be able to build and form relationships that have great emotional depth. Others should feel understood by you and seek your company given that you provide them with comfort and stability
- Inquisitiveness. Not only you must love to learn, but you must also intuitively know how to learn best. You should be able to learn quickly, and when focused, keep your team on the cutting edge
- Problem solver. You must enjoy dealing with problems, figuring out what is wrong, and solving it
While you will learn multiple hard skills while on the job, you must have this ahead of time:
- Proficiency in English (perfect writing, speaking, and listening skills)
Related professional or learning experiences in the areas of user experience, user research, or user testing, or any other experience that will lead us to believe you're passionate about these topics.
At Torre, our mission is to make work fulfilling for everyone. We dream of the day when all seven billion humans, no matter their gender, nationality, location, or socioeconomic background, will be able to participate fairly in the global market and make their work fulfilling. Learn more about our mission and our history.
To accomplish this goal, we need movers and shakers who have a fierce determination to accomplish big, hairy, audacious goals; that's why we hire entrepreneurs at Torre. Learn more about building your career at Torre.
Apply without an application
We know the best professionals are busy. As such, we won't ask you to submit an application. Instead, just let us know if you are interested. If we then foresee a potential match, we'll get back to you with any potential questions we may have.
If you are an existing Torrex, contact Alexander Torrenegra internally.
We are ready to answer any questions you may have.