What language do you want to use Torre in?
Do you enjoy a healthy team environment that supports continuous learning and iterative development? We love cognitive diversity because it helps us deliver ideal outcomes for customers. One of the primary reasons we harmonize and trust one another is because we’re aligned on a positive, growth-mindset. If you love working with a team that is passionate about what they do and how they do it; if you seek a fun work life that fosters an environment of professional and personal growth while celebrating people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities; we want to meet you.
• Develop and maintain end-to-end platform features. • Partner with Product Owners and Program Managers to create technical solutions for customer requirements and evaluate feasibility from both a technical and cost perspective. • Pair with other team members to develop and deliver platform features. • Build loosely-coupled, RESTful services with a bias for simple, elegant solutions. • Analyze your team’s systems, processes, and infrastructure to identify improvements for robust services. • Lead the mitigation of incidents, assess root causes and determine appropriate long term fixes. • Participate in the improvement of the team's agile development processes. • Provide mentorship and coaching to junior team members. • Work within Linux and Open Source Software. • Utilize container systems (Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. ECS/EKS, Kubernetes). • Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation. • Nurture and maintain a culture of peer accountability where the customer, compassion and team development are the focus.
• Back-end knowledge and willingness to work beyond your comfort zone. • We primarily code in Golang, but no experience necessary. If you’re strong in one or more industry-standard languages (e.g. C/C++/C#/Java/TypeScript/Python), we will coach. • Ability to maintain long-term platform level thinking by taking a comprehensive approach while troubleshooting tasks. • Experience deploying in distributed cloud environments. • Proven ability to own the development of features from concept to launch. • Focus on personal and team growth that fosters camaraderie. • Embraces a growth-mindset by continually learning and appropriately applying new techniques, approaches, or technology.
• We are a group of distributed systems engineers committed to learning, growing, and getting better every day. As a Senior Software Engineer at iStreamPlanet, you will build and operate a platform that delivers the core of our business: media delivery. We use data to solve problems, work with customers to deliver and evolve media standards, believe in operational ownership, and drive continuous improvement. This is a great opportunity for someone who is comfortable working with products with a number of moving pieces and who enjoys learning new technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. • 5+ years of relevant distributed systems experience.
• iStreamPlanet is one of the largest streaming platforms in the world for broadcasters; doing thousands of events a year such as March Madness, World Cup, and even the Olympics. You probably have not heard of us but we power some of the most well-known media brands in the world. Our mission is to provide a one-stop platform for the media industry as they convert from traditional broadcast to all online streaming over the next decade. We are backed by giants such as WarnerMedia (owners of Warner Brothers, HBO, Turner, etc.) and are at the heart of changing how you get your sports and entertainment in the future.
• iStreamPlanet Co., LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. iStreamPlanet does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
• While our office is located in Seattle, we are seeking the best talent to join our team and will consider Remote/Telework options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.