KnowBe4, Inc. is the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years.
The eLearning Instructional Designer will work on exciting online learning solutions (courses, games, simulators and assessments) for KnowBe4’s customers. While you need to understand reasonable software security practices, you do not need to have a background in information security. Just be a creative instructional designer, bring new ideas to the table and ship learning activities to the LMS! You’ll work in a fast paced, agile development environment with SMEs and the entire team (graphics, Q/A course builders, and leadership) to help build and integrate eLearning assets.
Our highly collaborative teams rapidly release courseware in an environment where innovation is applauded and minimizing distractions from real work is top priority.
- Plan and create initial planning documents for online learning solutions (courses, games, simulators and assessments) to integrate with the Learning Management System (LMS) in an agile development environment.
- Implement online andragogy, instructional design, and adult learning principles.
- Practice effective interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work with different levels within the organization, to build relationships, to actively listen, and to assist team members and/or subject matter experts (SME) in translating concepts into engaging, effective online courses.
- Develop storyboards in a standard format and respond promptly to feedback from Q/A and leadership.
- Develop sound knowledge checks for formative assessment as well as strong summative assessments.
- Possess effective communication skills: written (including editing and proof-reading), verbal, and presentation (including visuals).
- Possess ability and experience to effectively utilize the required technology tools (MS Word, Gmail, Google Suite, Basic HTML)
- M.S. or M.A. or M.Ed. in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology (or comparable work experience) required
- 5+ years experience with the instruction design best practices (storyboard development for online)
- 5+ years experience with created complex assessment items for formative and summative purposes
- Experience with making engaging and interesting online courseware (preferably in a corporate environment)
- Experience with Web Accessibility Standards
- Experience with learning solutions for iOS, iBooks, Android, and other interactive media/mobile platforms and programming
- 10+ years of relevant experience in learning/online learning
- Top notch Communication skills, verbal & written
- Ability to learn and apply new tools, techniques and processes quickly
- Great listener
- Terrific problem solver in general and as it applies to designing effective courseware for adult learners operating in a world of distractions
- Works well with others in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- First rate skills at time and priority management
- Effective self-editor
- Familiarity with and interest in current communications and visual design principles and how they apply to adult learners
- Understanding of concepts of gamification and how to employ them in online learning
- General understanding of UI/UX needs of accessibility and how it applies to adult learners
- Curious, innovative, and creative
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.