What language do you want to use Torre in?
As the ideal candidate for this role, you have built a career as a trusted advisor to your customers in and around the Fintech space. You wake up every morning ready to jump on the phone or hop on a plane Zoom to meet with customers and help solve problems while designing strategies for expansion. You are passionate about the innovation occurring in all different aspects of consumer and enterprise finance. Colleagues and customers admire your ability to dig deep into problems, your desire to constantly learn more, and the expertise you bring. Connecting with people and teams both internally and externally comes naturally to you, as you find unique approaches to solve difficult challenges. You want to work with a team that is driven, curious, connected, and committed to being a steward of success for our customers and the organization. Your key role at Marqeta will be to manage a handful of our largest, fastest growing, and most complex Fintech customers in order to drive meaningful results for us and them. You’ll be running your customers with essentially full autonomy to work across the organization to leverage our innovative payments technology to accelerate customer growth. You will lead the charge on initiatives such as developing a SMB or B2C marketing plan for a new Fintech product, partnering with the card networks to develop channel strategies for your customers, or celebrating the launch of a key new product feature that you pushed forward. No two day are the same in this role as the needs of our stakeholders are constantly evolving and Customer Success must respond in an agile manner to be successful.
• Experience working with the financial technology industry (payments, challenger banks, cryptocurrency etc.) • Exemplary communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email) • Possess creative problem-solving skills and strong analytical skills • Stellar ability to influence others in a matrix environment, gaining buy-in at multiple levels across organizations • Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules • Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently • Technical aptitude with demonstrated ability to understand and explain complex technical concepts
• Have 7+ years of experience in a customer-facing role responsible for revenue achievements in investment banking, consulting, private wealth management, customer success, sales, business development, or account management • Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time. • We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance. • Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
• As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
• Here are a few characteristics that could combine to make a strong Customer Success Director - Fintech: • Business Acumen: You deeply understand and center yourself around the company’s and the clients’ business strategy and get creative when coming up with ways to drive growth. • Strategic Connector: Our customers and partners rely deeply on the expertise and knowledge of the Customer Success team. You excel at driving cross-functional efforts and love connecting people and ideas to drive innovation. • FinTech Passion: You have deep knowledge of the disruption taking place throughout Fintech and are excited about the innovation occurring with challenger banks/neobanks, cryptocurrency, and across the financial landscape. • Self-Starter: You can operate in ambiguity and white space in order to achieve your goals. You’re aggressive about getting the necessary tasks done while also anticipating needs before they arise and you come to the table with suggestions rather than problems. • Thoughtful Challenger: As a trusted partner leading with insights, you push yourself, the team, and your customers to think outside of the box and find creative solutions to strategic challenges. • Achieving Metrics: You love charting a path to aggressive growth targets and hitting them. Marqeta has an amazing platform and killer growth story. You will help us get to the next level!
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.