What language do you want to use Torre in?
• In the role of Senior Software Engineer focusing on the Payments Platform, you will take an active role in leading and fostering innovation in the payment industry. You will be responsible for scaling the platform for the next 167M customers and beyond, innovating and implementing critical security defenses and architecting the system for high availability in a very fragmented global payment ecosystem.
• You are a hands-on engineer and you love what you do • You enjoy working with globally distributed, loosely coupled systems in the cloud • You have a strong interest in resolving technical challenges related to international online payment processing • You are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance • You are able to adapt quickly to changes in business requirements and work in an agile environment • You strongly believe in test-driven development • You are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies • You are team player who is happy to collaborate with the engineering organization across Netflix • Solid expertise in building highly scalable, distributed, loosely coupled systems • Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, and caching • BS/MS in computer science or equivalent • Excellent communication skills • NoSQL experience (Cassandra, MongoDB) • Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute or App Engine, Hadoop, etc.) • Experience working with payment processors and processor integrations. • Bonus if you have experience with: • key security concepts such as cryptography, authentication, authorization, security protocols • cybersecurity and payments domain.
• 5+ years of server-side software development experience • 5+ years of experience in object-oriented programming, preferably in (but not restricted to) Java.
• As the leading provider of subscription service, the Netflix Payments Platform enables efficient, low-friction, high-approval-rate monthly transactions for over 167M global customers. This platform helps improve long-term revenue for Netflix by optimizing payment processing by continuous innovation and relentless experimentation.
• As an organization, we come from many different countries and our educational background is a range from the humanities to engineering to computer science and many more. Folks have the opportunity to wear different hats, should they choose to. We strongly believe this diversity has helped us build an inclusive and empathetic environment, and are looking forward to adding your perspective to the mix! • We are remote inclusive and our culture is unique. We live by our values. Please read more about the Netflix culture here.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.