What language do you want to use Torre in?
• 8x8 is in the process of changing, modernizing and consolidating our infrastructure, systems, and deployment practices. We are a global unified telecommunications company and as such we have a global infrastructure consisting of multiple physical data centers and AWS/Cloud regions. We are looking for someone up to the challenge to help us bring order, consistency, high availability, and consistency across what we do on the data & database management side.
• Maintaining and scaling production services and servers across multiple data centers for complex and data-intensive cloud services. • You will play a critical part in the company's hybrid cloud journey. • Design, Deploy and Administer highly available and scalable infrastructure. Improving scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance. • Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at a massive scale. • You will work within the development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability/security is designed and implemented from the start. • Working alongside QE on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying applications to production. • Roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause. • You will participate in the occasional on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure.
• Tools-first mindset. You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick. • Organized, focused on building, improving, resolving and delivering. Good communicator in and across teams, taking the lead • Beneficial Skills: • Experience with SIP/RTP and other real time communication protocols such as WebRTC • OpenSIPS, FreeSWITCH or relevant VOIP Applications experience • Splunk, Wavefront, Kafka, Elastic Search, Containers, Kubernetes, VMWare ESXi • Experience working with Terraform (infrastructure management).
• The goal is to help us build shared infrastructure services and automate everything from a data services point-of-view, whether it’s a database, NoSQL, or something that holds data to be consumed by others. We’re looking at migrating our infrastructure to Kubernetes so most everything we do should be done in Kubernetes as much as possible. • If you are an engineer who is comfortable with coding and interested in building out tools and infrastructure focused on system level availability, agility, transparency and scalability, then we have the right challenge for you.
• Extensive experience with Unix/Linux, with some experience in managing 1000+ nodes. • Working experience with AWS and AWS APIs. • Experience with Configuration Management and CI/CD, Ansible preferred or experience with Jenkins, Chef • Exposure to monitoring large scale environment • Hands-on experience in building fault tolerant and scalable systems. • Strong development/automation skills. Must be very comfortable with reading and writing Python/ Java code.
• As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
• 8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness which is why we have been a member of the Living Wage Foundation for many years and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.