What language do you want to use Torre in?
The Learnatory is an innovative S.T.E.A.M. Enrichment Program providing world-class instruction to elementary, middle, and high school students during regular in-school hours, after-school, and in weekend programs. Our instructors have that “Wow!” factor that excite, motivate, and challenge students to surpass their own expectations. Through hands-on lessons that address real-world challenges, we take pride in making learning a thrilling experience creating a deep thirst for knowledge where students apply their knowledge and skills in ways that could have a real-world impact. We are looking for instructors to teach one or more of the following classes in our Virtual Summer Camp: Roblox Minecraft Fornite and Unreal Engine Level Design This is a team-teaching position with a teacher and teacher assistant. A team attitude and camaraderie are essential to this position. Candidate must have a home office free of distractions and able to conduct online classes in a professional manner
• Maintain a safe and organized virtual classroom with clear behavior expectations and learning goals and objectives • Engage students in structured discussions & activities for students to understand how to design video games and animations. • Inspire student to have fun while learning. • Create fresh, innovative, interactive lessons meeting specific learning objectives. • Have each student complete a game modification by the end of the class meeting stated objectives.
• Must have experience playing these specific video games. • Must have experience teaching young people ages 7 - 17 in some capacity. • Must be responsible, reliable and punctual • Experienced in Maya, Blender, and Game Design & Animation software • Teaching experience highly preferred or experience working or volunteering with youth in a classroom, after school, or community-based environments • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required Online Teaching Requirements: • Mac or Windows PC only • WebCam • Stable internet connection with access to Zoom Video Conferencing • Appropriate software installed
• AA or BA in progress in Game Design, Animation, Interactive Media, or related field • BS, BA plus teaching credentials preferred • Experience: playing these video games at a high level: 1 year (Preferred)
• For more than 40 years, The Learnatory has educated, inspired and supported college-bound students in the pursuit of world-class education in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM). By continually assessing programs, conducting research, delivering immersive, experiential instruction and providing grants and scholarships to participants, The Learnatory remains at the forefront of supplemental enrichment education in STEAM.
• Contract Length: 3 - 4 months • Pay frequency: Every other week • Management: Team Lead • This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: • Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous • People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects • Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction Schedule: • Monday to Friday • No weekends • On call • Company's website
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.