What language do you want to use Torre in?
We are seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager to join our growing product team here at Collage.com. Our ongoing product goal is for every customer to have an outstanding experience designing and ordering photo products and this position will play a critical role in the continued achievement of that goal. This position will work closely with a team of engineers on the optimization of our technical infrastructure as well as integrations with our print partners and other third parties. Most importantly, the Senior Technical Product Manager will be improving the speed and depth of our ability to deliver value to our customers and provide them with an experience they’ll love.
• Lead and collaborate closely with a product team consisting of dedicated engineers. • Manage and carry out research to identify, understand, assess, and present technical problems and new opportunities. • Draft, collect feedback on, and finalize requirements docs and functional specifications for projects to be built by the engineering team. • Manage and prioritize a backlog of issues, as well as run biweekly sprints with the engineering lead. • Work cross-functionally with other product teams, marketing, physical product team, customer service, and others as needed. Effectively manage dependencies to ensure that the right steps are taken in the right order. • Clearly communicate ideas, expectations and progress with stakeholders and with the company as a whole.
• Successful experience collaborating with engineers, designers, and researchers preferably with a focus on consumer software. • Experience putting lean methodologies into practice: capable of finding creative ways to quickly validate assumptions underlying both problems and solutions. • A healthy level of skepticism and an analytical nature: ability to quickly absorb and analyze unfamiliar information to make decisions that are supported by sound evidence. • Experience with data analysis and/or leading highly technical teams and projects, and working across organizations on complex integrations are a plus.
• 5+ years experience in product management or relevant position is preferred but we are open-minded and more interested in the quality of experience than the years of experience.
• Collage.com’s mission is to make custom products easy for everyone. We strive to do this by providing superior software and excellent customer service. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Our company has been featured on the TODAY Show, The View, and Good Morning America many times. We are a 100% employee-owned company that has rapidly grown to 40 employees and $25M annual revenue over the past five years.
• As a 100% remote company, we are set up to provide the best possible environment for engineering. The less time developers spend dealing with cumbersome processes, inefficient systems, and commuting, the more time they have to solve problems and make an impact. Collage.com’s co-founders/co-CEOs both come from a technical background and believe in staying at the forefront of best practices so that we can focus on work that matters. We pass almost all of The Joel Test (we only fix high-priority bugs before writing new code, but hey, we’re a start-up), use continuous deployment (code goes straight to production after each merge), and are in the process of adopting mobx-state-tree with React. Strong engineering is a key part of our business strategy -- it lets us build best-in-class design tools faster than our larger competitors.
• During the interview process, you will talk to other engineers, your future manager, a product manager, and both founders/CEOs of the company. We believe in transparency, and will give you the opportunity to speak with anyone else you’d like to meet before accepting an offer. You are making an important decision, and we want to make sure you are fully committed to joining our team.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.