What language do you want to use Torre in?
Atlassian is looking for a hands-on Senior Data Engineering Leader to join our Data team and build data solutions and applications that power critical business decisions throughout the organization and inform the product strategy. We are looking for a forward-thinking, structured problem solver, technical specialist, and highly talented leader passionate about building systems at scale.
• You are passionate about technology, data and understand the power of the data to influence the future of companies like Atlassian. You thrive on developing phenomenal people and data products with your experience as a leader using modern data architecture and engineering practices and tools to process, store, and expose consumer-scale datasets and build robust back-end services. • You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development, and you are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of software engineering, data engineering, and basic data science. • You are an experienced manager with a strong record of attracting and growing great engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development. You foster an inclusive environment where all points of view are welcomed and encouraged. • Proven experience building streaming and batch processing data pipeline using Kafka • Experience with test automation, continuous delivery, ensuring high data quality across multiple datasets used for analytical purposes • Experience in building anomaly detection checks and proactive monitoring of the quality of the data and KPI's at scale • Experience with Lambda Architecture or other Big Data architectural standard methodologies • Solid understanding and experience building microservices and RESTful APIs • Experience with Tableau and other BI tools • Prior experience working with Analytics and with Data Science teams • Proven experience hiring and mentoring high-caliber, data-focused engineers with diverse technical strengths and backgrounds. • High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. • Strong business acumen with an understanding of business drivers and of how to drive value using data across the organization • Exceptional communication skills and can translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language for business partners.
• You will lead a world-class engineering practice, develop data solutions that the business teams can use with a high level of confidence and trust to drive their day-to-day decisions and product strategy. • As the data domain specialist, you will be partnering with a cross-functional team consisting of Information Technology, data platform, product engineering, analytics teams, and data scientists across various initiatives. Requirements may be vague, but the iterations will be rapid, and you need to take smart and calculated risks. You are interested in reporting platforms and data visualization.
• A graduate degree in Computer Science or a similar subject area. • It's great but not required if you have: • Experience working for SAAS companies • Experience with Machine Learning • Committed code to open source projects.
• Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
• Atlassian is over a decade old, but our team is much younger. We'll have to blaze new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're continually growing, learning, and trying to do things differently. You'll be joining a team that is crazy smart, and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to improve our work continuously. We are self-driven but team-oriented. We're all about enabling growth by delivering the right data and insights in the right way to partners across the company.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.