Sr. Salesforce Developer
Work From Home United States
Note: We are open to out-of-state candidates who are able to work remotely 100% of the time. However, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa status).
The Senior Salesforce Developer responsibilities include understanding and supporting Flagstar’s Community Bank business through the design, development and implementation of applications that support sales, credit and loan operations functions. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting team that is transforming banking to digital experiences that utilize the Salesforce platform and its integrated solutions e.g., nCino and PrecisionLender. The candidate is expected to provide technical leadership in every stage of the development lifecycle, from analysis and design to coding, testing, release, and maintenance within the SDLC process. They will work closely with various customers including their immediate project teams, business domain experts, and other technical staff members.
- Develops and enhances application code.
- Take ownership of the Salesforce code. Review incoming pull requests to ensure best practices, performance, and maintainability.
- Provide and maintain an integration framework for Salesforce Org to Org, Salesforce to legacy, and Salesforce to third party integrations.
- Perform configuration and customization of Flagstar’s Salesforce.com applications.
- Translates business and technical requirements into solution designs that satisfy the business needs and comply with approved standards.
- Ensure SLA of the Salesforce platform by providing break/fix activities to resolve issues.
- Provide troubleshooting for issues that cannot be resolved by the helpdesk.
- Assist in the planning of application changes, development, and installation of upgrades and new releases.
- Utilize, research, and implement tools and technologies to continuously improve CI/CD processes.
- Develops and enhances unit tests. Leads validation efforts by performing and/or assisting others in validating that the solution performs as expected.
- Manages the code promotion for Release processes working with Enterprise IT
- Stay abreast of emerging solutions/technologies from vendors, nCino, Salesforce, PrecisionLender.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Math or related field - OR - 10 years of comparable work experience
- 7 years of development experience (Finance/Lending industry experience a plus)
- 1 - 3 years of experience designing and building Force .com applications with Apex, Visualforce, and metadata-driven development
- 1 - 3 years of experience within Agile or Agile-variant Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies
- 1 - 3 years of experience with web services, executing calls and interpreting responses (SOAP or REST) is a plus
- Salesforce Certification is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong coding skills
- Apex, Visualforce and the Lightning Component Framework
- Proficiency in test-driven development; building, writing, and executing unit tests with assertions
- Source control management tools (Atlassian suite of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket is strongly preferred)
- nCino experience is a plus
- Experience working within large, cross-functional teams with ability to collaborate with customers, analysts, developers, and quality assurance staff
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Experience in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements
- Ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention and effort between project workload and support tasks
- Strong problem solving skills and analytic skills with proven strength in applying root cause analysis
- Adaptable to change in process, procedures, and priorities
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Internal Use Only: Band E