What language do you want to use Torre in?
• As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you've probably seen quite a bit in your career, and we want to leverage all of it. Full-cycle software development will be your primary function, but we'll expect you to contribute in a number of ways, including advising on others' technical design, reviewing code, participating in interviews, and mentoring less experienced engineers. When you are doing software development, you'll be doing more than just coding a ticket handed to you. You'll own the design, implementation, delivery, and operation of systems, end-to-end. You'll consider testability, upgradeability, scalability, and observability throughout the development process. You'll regularly have one or two engineers following your lead, whose output you will be responsible for • Our online applications use React, Redux and server side rendering using Hypernova on the frontend and Rails, MySQL on the backend. We use Sidekiq to run background jobs and Databricks environment for offline data processing.
• SEO - with a library of millions of books, audiobooks and documents, search engine optimization is about a lot more than having a good sitemap. • Site speed - How fast is fast enough? What should load first and what can wait? Does the page jump around when it loads? What's our input delay? We're constantly driving to be the the best in the industry. Measure, optimize, repeat... • Front-end infrastructure - We strongly believe in code reuse and simplicity. We are working on a shareable react component library, single page app architecture, design system, and more to make our product development simple, fast and consistent. • Back-end infrastructure - Building and maintaining metadata extraction pipelines, document metadata storage, and APIs that expose metadata to the frontend. • Partnerships - Working closely with Google and our other partners to execute on impactful new opportunities.
• 5+ years experience coding in modern full stack consumer facing web applications.
• At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors. Our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide. • We’ve built one of the world’s largest libraries of books, audiobooks, magazine articles, sheet music collections, and user uploaded documents. Over 1.5 billion people discover Scribd and our content via search engines every year. The SEO team works across the stack to deliver high-quality, performant, and optimized web experiences that empower and delight our readers. • We use tools that emphasize asynchronous communication (Slack, Github, Jira, Google Docs) but will also pair program or jump into a meeting room when those are the best approaches. Regardless of the medium, excellent communication skills are a must. We operate with autonomy (developers closest to the code will make the most well-informed decisions) while holding ourselves and each other accountable for using good judgement when faced with each day's unique challenges.
• We’ve built one of the world’s largest libraries of books, audiobooks, magazine articles, sheet music collections, and user uploaded documents. Over 1.5 billion people discover Scribd and our content via search engines every year. The SEO team works across the stack to deliver high-quality, performant, and optimized web experiences that empower and delight our readers. • Scribd's culture of collaboration, trust, and accountability has remained strong in the Covid era. We respect one another and strive to understand and celebrate each of our unique strengths and challenges. We're looking for people who share those values and want to work towards the growth and health of our team and the individuals in it. • Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. • We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
• This role will join the SEO team where our focus is on growing search engine traffic that converts to paying customers. This is where the vast majority of our new customers are acquired. So if you're interested in a high-profile position where you'll be making a huge impact on the business, this is the role for you.
• At this time the role will start as full-time remote, as all of our employees are working from home. When everyone is able to return to the office this role is available at our new office in San Francisco or in our Toronto office. This position can also be fully remote.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.