What language do you want to use Torre in?
• "The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy. • Reddit is looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented staff accountant to become an integral member of the mighty Finance & Accounting team. A successful Staff Accountant in this role is someone who is a self starter but unafraid to ask questions or make suggestions; someone who works collaboratively and is solution oriented; and someone who is excited to apply their accounting knowledge to a new challenge. This is a great role for someone early in their accounting career who is excited to contribute and learn in a quickly evolving fast growth company. This role will report to the Accounting Manager.
• Ensure consistent expense coding from all sources of accounting inputs by maintaining trackers and auditing feeds into our accounting ERP (company cards, personal expenses, and bills, for example) • Own the AP disbursement process of vendor and contractor payments (ACH, wires, checks, etc.) • Reconcile various balance sheet accounts during the month, quarter, and year end close. • Manage, assist with, and help improve accounting operations within the team and cross functionally, with initial focus expense-related processes • Partner with data entry contractor to validate and continually improve systems, processes, and documentation of all bills • Collaborate cross-functionally to build partnerships, increase effectiveness of our team, and further streamline our more external-facing work • Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager and rest of the accounting/finance team. This includes, but not limited to: implementing new processes and controls, helping produce PBCs for annual audit or tax filings, etc.
• A self-starter attitude: we want someone with the curiosity to learn and the ambition to own their role • Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Advanced knowledge of Excel - you should enjoy spreadsheets! • Solid understanding of GAAP accounting concepts • Bonus Points: • Experience with the following systems: Netsuite, Workday, Google Drive, Microsoft Office • Prior work experience in the following types of orgs:, “growth stage” startups, digital advertising, direct-to-consumer businesses, “tech” startups or public accounting firms
• 2+ years of accounting experience, Public accounting experience preferred • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• This is an exciting time for Reddit. We’re internationalizing, growing quickly, innovating daily and aggressively tackling our mission to bring community and belonging to everyone online. Our Consumer Senior Associate will play a big role in sharing Reddit’s products and stories with the world! "The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.