What language do you want to use Torre in?
The Program Coordinator supports the Shorelight Live American Collegiate Program, which provides first year, US curriculum to students in their home countries in partnership with US universities. The Live technology offers hybrid higher education programs that combine the immersive U.S. university experience with technology-enabled, in-country, live-lecture learning. The position will facilitate live classes through the operation of interactive technology, coordination across remote program management teams, and develop and support student services.
• Audit live lecture sessions and facilitate classroom activities • Coordinate with local operations team to provide technical support during live lectures • Prepare classroom materials as instructed by academic team • Participate in recruitment demo preparation, testing, and setup, and fasciliate day of demo operations as needed • Participate in technology testing as necessary • Contribute to student services operations to ensure that systems and proecedures are followed and technology is used to sreamline system and procedures • Troubleshoot student learning experience issues in real time during live lectures. Escalate and follow through to resolution as necessary • Occassionally participate in the student services and operational build of new programs • Provide support to the studio team with operations, case escalation, and student communication • Deliver exceptional students services, beginning with pre-arrival processes and communication, orientation programming, ongoing students service support, and acculturation into the US University culture • Manage student success by actively monitoring student engagement and providing feedback to program teams • Foster community-building among students by organizing and executing activities and events both online and in person • Manage relationships with faculty, academic teams, and engineering to ensure the success of all live lectures • Provide other student services as needed • Guide, prepare, and motivate students to a successful completion of AC Live • Provide language support as necessary during live lectures • Manage communication to students about program preparation, changes to schedule, and technology updates
• Bilingual Mandarin and English speaker, with professional proficiency in English required (preferably IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 90+) • Ability to work flexible hours, depending on class and demo schedule • Demonstrated interest or experience in higher education advising, student services, customer service, or hospitality • Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills to work with students, parents, program staff, and faculty • Energetic and motivated professional with strong organizational skills • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal • Eligibility to work in China without sponsorship Preferred Qualifications: • Experience in education industry • Experience using or or supporting classroom or office technology • Experience with distance or online learning is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of full-time work experience
• Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
• Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.