We're looking for a senior product designer to join our kickass team in Colombia. As a senior product designer at Koombea, you will lead UX projects and ensure that the product experiences are valuable to our end-users and deal with complex problems and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use experiences.
• Facilitate the client product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products. • Work directly with engineers, delivering them product specs and assets. • Work directly with junior designers to envision and iterate concepts. • Design mockups and high-fidelity user interfaces. • Work on cross-platform applications to develop user experiences covering mobile, web, and desktop platforms. • Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces. • Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features. • Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the team • Mentor junior designers and contribute to team processes and practices.
• Bachelor degree in graphic design (e.g. UX, interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial). • 5+ years of experience designing complex products for mobile and desktop devices in an Agile environment. • A portfolio of work samples showcasing the qualifications above. • Interest in constantly keeping up-to-date of the latest trends, best practices, and competitive activity. • Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps. • Have a love/hate relationship with Adobe & Sketch. • Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills. • Prototyped with tools like Figma, Sketch InVision, and Flinto App. • Experience with responsive design and the mobile-first approach. • Excellent communicator, collaborator, and advocate for the user.
• App Development for Startups: Our team understands the challenges faced by early-stage companies. We’ve built top-ranking apps for a variety of start-ups. We take a unique approach by fusing traditional and new methods to develop quality apps. • Enterprise App Development: We know how enterprise apps differ from off-the-shelf software. We've customized and launched unique web and mobile solutions that meet enterprise-level needs. Our portfolio demonstrates our high-quality standards regardless of the product. • Product Planning & Strategy: We offer full-service product development and strategy team. We dive deep to identify market opportunities, create a long-term mobile strategy, and develop product roadmaps that drive ROI for our clients, which sets us apart from other mobile app development companies. • Rescue Projects: We specialize in rescuing projects on verge of failure - Mobile or Web! Combining our qualified expertise with a documented process; we quickly address underlying development problems, bottlenecks, and performance & usability issues.
• Koombea is a software development company that provides businesses worldwide with custom technology solutions. We help clients through all or parts of the Software Development Lifecycle. (SDLC). • Koombea was founded in 2007. • We are headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Barranquilla, Colombia. • 1000's of Apps - We have built thousands of apps. Some of them have been acquired by Google, Motorola Solutions, Demandforce, Facebook, Skype, and other companies. • We employ over 200 engineers, designers, product managers and technologists. All available resources have been with us a minimum of 3 years, have a 4-year degree, are ranked senior, and are certified Scrum Masters. • Koombea is CMMIDEV/3 certified. We are Agile.
• Passion: For us, for this team, our core motivation is not the carrots we get, nor the sticks that we fear. It’s about the passion that is within us. It’s a passion that keeps us up late learning. Passion impels us to evolve to provide service offerings our clients may not even know they need. It’s a passion that holds our standards high. • Innovate Persistently: Be it technology, people, partners or customers- we believe in building connections and relationships across boundaries. We focus on people rather than trade them for short-term monetary gains from development. Over 85% of our business comes from repeat customers or direct client referral. This is why we have one of the highest numbers of multimillion-dollar valuations in the industry. • Respect & Discipline: Agile allows us to find problems faster, and as a result, they are fixed earlier. By the end of the project, each problem has been fixed and tested under many levels of scrutiny. Agile allows us to produce flawless code.
• Our team frequently shares thoughts, perspectives, and insights about the future of mobile. We also report on the latest trends, research and more on our Resources hub, which is filled with valuable content for technologists and executives interested in mobile tech.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.