What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Handshake is building a diverse team of dynamic engineers who value creating a high quality, high impact product. We are looking for Senior Engineers who are excellent generalists and have a strong focus on product development. You'll be working on small, multi-functional teams with other engineers, designers, and product managers.
• We're focused on innovation within the core experience for students, employers, and universities, constantly improving our technical foundation and user experience. This role on the Employer Engineering team will include: • Working with the Product Team and Designers to build data and analytics focused user interfaces and user experiences • Updating student application flows and supporting applicant tracking system (ATS) integrations with partners like Greenhouse • Creating and updating features for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small local businesses • Developing and deploying large-scale web applications safely and reliably
• You love to turn data into valuable visualizations and reports • You appreciate design systems, component libraries and friendly user-experiences. • You prefer taking projects from inception to completion and are outcome oriented • You have experience working in distributed, performant, at-scale systems. • You are interested in the 'Full Stack' but have passion and knowledge in one or more areas of the web stack. • You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive. • Technologies you'll work with: • React, TypeScript, Webpack, Redux • Ruby on Rails • Kubernetes, GCP, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Airflow
• You have 5+ years experience in building consumer-facing web applications in a dynamic development environment.
• Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
• We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. • We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.