• We are seeking solutions driven individuals to manage the daily transportation planning and operations for our rapidly grown logistics network. Working directly with our carriers, our Customer Experience team and our operations teams this individual will be responsible for working within our TMS to create optimized transportation plans on a daily basis and then proactively manage the execution of those plans across our First, Middle and Last Mile activities. The right individual will have a strong sense of ownership and appropriate urgency in solving transportation issues while maintaining and building a strong sense of partnership with our carriers.
• Working with our TMS SME’s to run transportation optimization capabilities to develop daily and weekly transportation plans and communicate those to our transportation partners. • Oversee the daily execution of transportation moves across First, Middle and Last Mile to ensure timely pickup and delivery of inventory and orders. • Work with our Customer Experience and operations teams to resolve transportation issues in real time. • Work with Carrier Procurement to develop carrier performance reporting and identify and resolve common root cause defects.
• Passionate about building world class networks that put the customer first • Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment - working with ambiguity and being hands on. • Understand transportation basics such as Hours of Service. • Strong ownership and solution minded operator • Stays cool under pressure and manages outside partners with respect • Highly independent, goal-oriented and solution driven • Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence without authority • Ability to work well within time constraints, able to effectively prioritize in a high demand environment within multiple locations • Must be able to travel ~20% of the time
• 4 year degree with a Supply Chain focus preferred. • 1-5 years with hands-on Transportation management or management of operational 3rd parties.
• What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world? • Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)! • FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities. • We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
• Individuals seeking employment at Farmer's Business Network, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
• Location: Relocation to Chicago is preferred, but is not a must have at this time.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.