• Join us as a remote Senior Data Engineer, assisting the DuckDuckGo Data Science team that is responsible for maintaining traffic quality and preventing fraud.
• Lead high-complexity projects from scoping to production • Work closely with search engineers and business managers to respond to rapidly-evolving threats • Apply a data-driven approach to a wide variety of signals to identify, understand, and scope emerging fraud/traffic quality trends and uncover root causes • Improve our existing invalid traffic detection system through automation, better signals, workflow streamlining, and system optimization • Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy • Participate in a shared on-call rotation to quickly respond to real-time invalid traffic incidents
• Significant experience with data science, with a focus on analytics • Experience with statistical modeling and time series analysis • Confidence with pragmatic use and development of data structures and algorithms • Experience in botnet detection and mitigation • Experience in invalid traffic or fraud prevention on at least one large web-based application • Ability to effectively navigate and improve a large and complicated code base quickly
• As part of our growing team, you will collaborate with team members at all levels to identify and remediate invalid traffic on our platform. Examples of projects you might work on include: identifying trends with the objective of improving site performance, leveraging data to develop statistical solutions to help fight fraud/improve traffic quality, partnering with stakeholders to quickly respond to rapidly-evolving threats, and assisting with growing a team dedicated to data science and invalid traffic mitigation.
• We are a diverse and fully distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
• We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you'd thrive in that environment and our core values resonate with you build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction
• Flexible vacation and sick leave practices • Flexible work schedule • Company-wide hack days • Company and team meetups • Open participation in company strategy • Family leave policy • Co-working reimbursement • Hardware and office setup benefits • Wellness and learning benefits • Charitable donation matching • US health benefits • US 401k "Use good judgment" approach to company policies
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.