What language do you want to use Torre in?
• We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
• As the Analytics and Data Science Lead, you will drive data driven decision making at Mux by transforming, analyzing and developing insights from data and leading a team of analysts and data scientists. • Develop a world-class analytics and data science practice to institutionalize a culture of data driven decision making and accountability around hitting key business metrics • Democratize data across the organization by owning and maintaining the centralized reporting and business intelligence systems • Grow and manage a team of data analysts and data scientists • Partner with functional leaders across the business and technical teams to provide analytics and data science support • Partner with the Data, Architecture, and Engineering team to deliver best in class data in terms of quality and structure
• Location: San Francisco or Remote (US) • Highly analytical • Experience hiring & developing junior and senior level data talent • Strong communication and ability to simplify highly complex problems • Commitment to Mux values: Be Human, Care Obsessively, Turn Customers Into Fans • Team-first approach: humility, drive, empathy
• Prior experience: • 5+ years experience with scaling an analytics or data science function • Experience managing a team of 3+
• Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better. • We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better. • You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world. • We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
• You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance. We're working in a beautiful office space located above historic Orpheum Theatre, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks, snacks, and good coffee. • Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.