What language do you want to use Torre in?
• We are seeking a marketing professional with social media experience to join our Alter core team for a one-year period, after which there will be an opportunity to convert to a full-time position. In exchange for their hard work, Alter provides Fellows with elite networking access, skill-building opportunities, and a high level of autonomy and ownership. Fellows also receive housing and a living stipend.
• Develop ideas to pitch creative campaigns, and execute them across social media platforms • Establish a voice and tone for Alter and tweak it depending on the social platform • Manage, optimize, and report content performance and engagement • Stay on top of social media industry trends and the competitive landscape • Master process management/project management tools such as Airtable and many others • Oversee the key KPIs, deliverables, and milestones of core projects • Plan, manage and maintain growth marketing campaigns • Contribute social media marketing efforts to drive brand awareness and engage with consumers on multiple platforms • Research relevant industry experts, competitors, target audience, and users
• 2+ years of work experience in social media/digital/growth marketing with a proven ability to promote brands and build a following using social media and digital platforms • Undergraduate degree, or similar work experience • Alignment with Alter’s values • Ambition, persistence, willingness to take risks, and drive to transform economies in emerging markets
• This Fellow will immediately become part of the strategic Alter team working to support inspiring founders and their companies. The Fellow will be working closely with leadership to establish a clear vision and voice for the Alter brand. The voice needs to resonate with three main groups: Future Alter Fellows, Global Start-up Founders, and Early-Stage Investors. • The Alter Fellow will be responsible for taking full ownership of all Alter social media platforms, content management, and marketing performance optimizations. They will work hand-in-hand with management and the content-creation team to strategically position the Alter brand in order to increase its followings. • Active engagement and success in this role can quickly lead to increased responsibilities.
• Self-driven and highly motivated with an ability to take initiative and manage a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously • Motivated, organized, and detail-oriented • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Experience working with MailChimp (or similar email marketing platforms) • Desire to work in an entrepreneurial company and drive immediate results • Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations • Video editing and design experience is a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, HTM, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro) • SEO experience is a plus • Interest in startups, venture capital, or impact Investing is a plus
• Alter is more than a venture capital firm. We find high-growth tech ventures in emerging markets and support them by providing both capital and connections to Silicon Valley talent—ensuring they have all the tools they need to dramatically scale their business.
• Our mission is to catalyze development by supporting visionary entrepreneurs. We select high-character founders that are not only building their companies but also defying all odds to build their countries—and are inspiring others to do the same. Learn more here.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.