• GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help change the way we secure GitHub. We are looking for an experienced SIRT Manager with application or product security experience to lead our remotely distributed PSIRT focused on responding to security threats against GitHub, Azure DevOps(ADO), our customers, as well as abuse of GitHub and ADO infrastructure. • Interested in leading a team to investigate mysteries, uncover malicious activity, triage serious bugs and vulnerabilities in web applications, write detailed after-action assessments, and coordinate incident response across the tech industry?
• Lead and develop a dedicated team of incident response professionals • Maintain a healthy team culture based in excellence and empathy • Plan, balance, and prioritize team activity in response to emerging risk and incident volume • Coordinate incident response activities across a complex and varied environment • Develop and execute blameless mitigation and remediation plans to restore the confidentiality and integrity of compromised resources • Pair with dedicated legal and privacy professionals to assess and mitigate business, technical, and regulatory risk • Closely partner with existing application and product security teams to evaluate application security issues and drive long-term risk reduction through incident remediation • Participate in an on-call rotation.
• As our PSIRT Manager, you will work alongside other members of the GitHub Security, Engineering, Legal, PR, and Support teams to lead an awesome team of incident response professionals. You will coordinate technical response, risk assessment, and incident communications, working to turn security incidents into opportunities to better secure GitHub, ADO, and the internet at-large through comprehensive incident response procedures. A successful applicant will have a desire to lead and develop healthy and inclusive incident response teams consisting of technical and non-technical personnel and partner closely with cross-functional business units and application security professionals.
• GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world. • Leadership Principles: • Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness.
• At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. • We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too. • GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
• This position reports into our Sales Operations team and may be located in our San Francisco Headquarters or remote.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.