What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Be the engineering manager responsible for the engineers in the User Accounts & Notifications group, composed of one full stack product development team, and one systems engineering team responsible for our Notifications systems. • Pair with product and marketing to build and execute on a roadmap that balances technical debt management, infrastructure growth and product development that directly impacts key business metrics and OKRs. • Manage, coach and mentor your engineers by having regular 1:1s and building strong relationships. • Inculcate industry standard software engineering best practices across your teams. • Partner with recruiters to hire and build a diverse team of talented engineers that are meeting the growing business needs. • Understand and appreciate product security concerns, considerations and best practices (E.G. Account Security, PCI Compliance, GDPR & CCPA Requirements, etc.). • Remove obstacles in execution by effective communication, leadership and lean processes. • Ensure your teams are demonstrating ownership and accountability for their platforms stability, observability, delivery & incident response.
• You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring software development teams that deliver stable, high quality software. You know what a highly functional engineering team looks like and how to build one. • You have a technical background, are able to contribute to planning and design discussions, and believe in building teams and practices that scale. • You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership and pride in your teams and it’s engineers. • You know and care about software engineering best practices; perhaps a little too much • You can work with Product and other stakeholders to deliver quick results while also driving longer-term initiatives. • You can plan and deliver a roadmap, and grow leaders that can do the same. • You are known for clear and succinct communication, and are able to represent your team to all audiences. • You are an empathetic manager that enjoys working with people and deeply cares about growing people and their careers.
• Our newly formed User Accounts team is a cross functional engineering team, responsible for all aspects of the product that pertain to users, their account management, email and push notifications, product security & more. The team strives to build a solid, fast and dependable product that users adore and engineers are proud of. We believe that building things the right way, with the right tools leads to a successful product, happy engineers & productive teams. • A working knowledge of building web products, ideally in Ruby on Rails. • Experience working with high volume data platforms or tools such as Kafka, Airflow, & Spark. • Experience collaborating with designers, product managers, and other engineering leaders.
• At least 10 years of experience building and delivering software products. • At least two years of experience as an engineering manager.
• At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors. Our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide. • We’ve built one of the world’s largest libraries of books, audiobooks, magazine articles, sheet music collections, and user uploaded documents. Over 1.5 billion people discover Scribd and our content via search engines every year. The SEO team works across the stack to deliver high-quality, performant, and optimized web experiences that empower and delight our readers. • We use tools that emphasize asynchronous communication (Slack, Github, Jira, Google Docs) but will also pair program or jump into a meeting room when those are the best approaches. Regardless of the medium, excellent communication skills are a must. We operate with autonomy (developers closest to the code will make the most well-informed decisions) while holding ourselves and each other accountable for using good judgement when faced with each day's unique challenges.
• We’ve built one of the world’s largest libraries of books, audiobooks, magazine articles, sheet music collections, and user uploaded documents. Over 1.5 billion people discover Scribd and our content via search engines every year. The SEO team works across the stack to deliver high-quality, performant, and optimized web experiences that empower and delight our readers. • Scribd's culture of collaboration, trust, and accountability has remained strong in the Covid era. We respect one another and strive to understand and celebrate each of our unique strengths and challenges. We're looking for people who share those values and want to work towards the growth and health of our team and the individuals in it. • Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. • We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.