As an engineer at Optic Power, you will work with our team to create products that our clients love. You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects and will have a good blend of fun and interesting technical challenges to solve.
• Create high-performance teams • Maintain development plans • Liaise with solution engineers and Sales to staff projects • Coordinate internal projects • Define and maintain best practices and working guidelines • Understand individual technical skills and motivations in the team • Management of performance for engineers generate mechanism and metrics for compensation raises and promotions • Assess leadership skills in the team and promote new responsibilities to engineers • Develop and maintain key metrics • Manage and maintain tracking tools • Follow up with engineers • Maintain communication and documentation on staffing • Support to the resourcing process and cultural screening • Maintain work culture • Serves as a hub between Delivery and project management to ensure project goals are met and expectations are clear.
• You have been an instrumental part of a fast-growing startup and have been an engineering lead, running 5+ squads and 40+ engineers and doubling in size. • You’ll have experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring driven and high-performing teams. With extensive technical and leadership expertise you’ll lead engineers across multiple teams and locations. • You’ve got experience building and designing scalable and performant systems and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company. • You understand the value of balancing product knowledge and technical skills and can coach other engineers and product managers on both. • You enjoy creating an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. • You are an extremely good communicator and have clearly evidenced that. This is what we feel running successful autonomous engineering teams comes down to. • You want to build a big global business and are aware of how critical the tech performance is to this.
• Hiring Being responsible for hiring and scaling the engineering team of currently 15. • Performance Owning the delivery of the engineering organization and being able to adjust it to deliver the end product which is what actually makes a difference to users. • Owning and optimizing engineering onboarding to get engineers productive as soon as possible. • Thinking about engineering redundancy in the knowledge of various aspects of the codebase. • Engineering Culture Leading by example to set the culture where impact to user and delivery of a product is the focus. You will ensure that as the team evolves, this culture becomes stronger and you grow leaders within the organization that further it. • Team Health Ensuring that the team is evolving and the individuals are growing both as people and technology. You will work with leads and PMs to ensure the team is being built with autonomy and delivery in mind. • Architecture Working with the leads to set out our technology strategy as we scale and be able to communicate this to the rest of the organization. You will make sure that the leads and the engineers are owning the engineering roadmap.
• Optic Power is changing the way organizations think about outsourcing across key business functions. Our team has helped shape some of the biggest companies in the world. • In a year we’ve grown from 40 people to 150 and we’re not stopping there. We have ambitions to build a company of over 300 people and keep counting. Our leadership team comes from companies like Riot, Google, Airbnb, Erasmus Network, and TeleSign. Do you want to help us make Optic Power the next big brand everyone wants to work for? • We offer our employees a truly international business experience with rapid opportunities for personal growth and to fulfill their career goals. • Our values are Trust, Empathy, Courage, Accountability, Curiosity, WeNotMe, and Smile/Have Fun! If this sounds like you… then read on.
• We hire adults and treat them as such. • You Control Your Own Destiny! The better you do in your role, the more career growth opportunities you create for yourself - get in at the ground floor of a true rocket ship • Opportunities to learn from senior leaders that worked at companies like Google, Riot Games, TeleSign, Erasmus Network, and more! • Professional training and thorough knowledge from our team from various levels of experience and expertise • Team-building events throughout the year • We invest in professional and formal training • A supportive team of creative, ambitious, and truly inspiring people • Ability to work remotely 100% of the time
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.