What language do you want to use Torre in?
At Calm our mission is to make the world happier and healthier. As the team grows and adds new content offerings, we’re looking for an experienced Content Ops Director to join the rocket ship. You will oversee the operational strategy within content (and across all cross-functional teams) to manage the Content roadmap and timelines, that Content production runs smoothly, and teams that work with Content are aligned and operating effectively
• Work closely with our founders/CEO’s, Chief Content Officer, and the Content, Marketing and Product teams to efficiently operationalize the activities in the Content organization and across cross-functional partners • Oversee the production process across all content verticals • Lead operational deployment of new content properties, verticals • Identify production bottlenecks and work with Calm’s content leadership team (and cross-functional partners) to address resource and hiring needs • Facilitate content roadmap creation with the Content vertical leads and cross-functional partners • Gather agenda topics, create the agenda, and develop any necessary presentations Content team syncs and cross-functional (Content, Marketing, Product, etc) discussions. These meetings take place weekly, monthly and ad hoc so there will be an expectation of continuous communication and connection across all teams. • Manage and mentor Calm’s Production Coordinators and Content Administrator, including conducting employee reviews and progression plans • Work with Calm’s Ops and People Ops teams to ensure seamless onboarding of new content team members (including process spin-up for new content types) • Facilitate the weekly cross-functional alignment meeting (and subsequent discussion) between Content and all cross-functional partners • Works cross functionally with B2B, product, design, content, legal, engineering, marketing, partnerships, talent, and PR teams to ensure optimized processes are implemented and followed for communication and information flow around all launches • Ensure the Content team is empowered and setup for success with the latest/most effective tools and production trackers • Addressing bottlenecks and implementing production industry and company best practices • Optimizing process and communication flow between each content vertical and cross-functional partners • Partner with finance and the People team on headcount and budget
• Operational knowledge of strategy and production deliverables. • Knowledgeable in audio production best practices • Versatile knowledge across the production process, from pre-production to post • Experienced managing distributed streamlined production teams • Knowledgeable in line producing systems and standards • Experienced managing and scaling fast-paced/high-growth production environments • Production experience on recurring, long-term content properties or series • Independent and autonomous with strong work ethic and internal drive • Detail-oriented • Highly organized and efficient • Strong communication skills • Calm under pressure • Flexible
• 10+ years leading content production teams • 5+ years experience in project management and process implementation
• Calm is a leading global health and wellness brand with the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation. The company is on a mission to make the world happier and healthier. With hundreds of hours of original audio content, the Calm app helps users cope with some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age including anxiety, stress and insomnia. Apple’s 2017 iPhone App of the Year and Inc’s 19th fastest growing company boasts over 60 million downloads to date, averaging 75,000 new users daily. It is the #1 app for mental fitness. • Our mission is to make the world happier and healthier by developing a range of digital and physical products that enhance mental fitness and alleviate some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age (anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress). Mental Fitness is fast becoming the new Physical Fitness, and we believe a huge global brand will be built in this space. Our vision is to build Calm into one of the most valuable and meaningful brands of the 21st Century - “The Nike of the Mind.”
• Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination. • Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
• Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.