What language do you want to use Torre in?
The Assistant Director, Compliance is a member of our client's Compliance team reporting to the Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer partnering with compliance department staff and management members. In this position, you will be accountable for a broad range of critical corporate compliance activities, including ensuring all Medicaid healthcare legal and compliance requirements are met through ongoing development and expansion of our current program, compliance education, conducting audits and investigations, maintaining the Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan, preparing reports for the Compliance Committee, and collaborating with internal business partners and external individuals, including delegated entities and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) Plan Manager.
• Developing the annual risk assessment and audit work plan for the Medicaid lines of business, in collaboration with other staff in the Compliance Department. • Reviewing plans of correction in response to NYSDOH statements of deficiencies, and ensuring the plans of correction are implemented. • Continually monitoring and improving internal and external audit and monitoring processes to ensure that the organization, as well as vendors, are compliant with applicable New York State Department of Health regulations. • Actively involved in daily operations to meet deadlines or resolve problems, including managing the implementation of policies and corrective action plans for all known compliance deficiencies for the Medicaid lines of business • Identifying and presenting issues potentially impacting the Medicaid lines of business to the attention of the appropriate business leaders. • Proactively identifying Medicaid lines of business process gaps, weaknesses and deficiencies and/or business productivity/efficiency opportunities. • Managing the planning, scheduling and implementation of procedural changes required for meeting organizational compliance program effectiveness. • Oversight and supervision of a Compliance Auditor/Analyst. • Developing, updating, and implementing corporate compliance awareness programs, materials, training modules designed to increase awareness of existing, new or changing policies, regulations, etc. • Responding to alleged violation of company rules, the Code of Conduct, policies, procedures, state or federal laws or regulations by conducting or guiding investigations when appropriate, ensuring the implementation of corrective actions. • Provide quarterly and annual reporting as required by the Compliance Committee regarding compliance program activities. • Responsible for strategic and proactive hiring, performance management and coaching/mentoring/training to enhance professional development. • Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have proven compliance, payor, regulatory/audit, privacy background • Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) from the Compliance Certification Board (CCB) preferred • Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills • Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines that are subject to change frequently • Demonstrated knowledge of Medicaid compliance practices and regulations • Strong facilitation, critical thinking, collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to build productive cross-functional partnerships to drive business results • Demonstrated knowledge of Medicaid healthcare compliance laws and regulations • Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills • Must be proficient with MS Office including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint • Must have the ability to make sound and evaluative judgements • Outstanding planning and organizational skills • Proven self-starter with the ability to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced environment • Ability to manage multiple projects • Ability to manage conflict effectively while being receptive to the ideas and concerns of others • Strong leadership and mentoring skills
• Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting, Business, or Healthcare Administration • 5+ years of compliance experience in a healthcare environment; managed care experience preferred
• Impresiv Health is a healthcare consulting and staffing partner specializing in operations management consulting and business optimization services for companies across the healthcare continuum. Started on the belief that a firm’s foundation could be built with a team of thought leaders and proven industry experts, we’ve established a company that delivers quick and efficient results for our clients. • We offer strategic business and technical management consulting services, and a suite of staffing solutions. • Impresiv Health is a services partner with a focus on expediting time-to-value. It’s not just our goal to immediately deliver greater returns on your investment in us as a partner—it’s our reputation.
• Title: Assistant Director of Compliance • Duration: 6-12 months minimum • Travel Requirements: Remote to start, then IDEALLY New York, NY
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.