What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
• Teach live code-alongs and host Q&A sessions during PST evening hours (Monday - Friday between 6-9pm PST, Saturday 9am-12pm PST, and/or Sunday 6-9pm PST) • Provide academic support to learners during PST evening hours in the form of office hours and/or live chat (Monday - Friday between 6-9pm PST, Saturday 9am-12pm PST, and/or Sunday 6-9pm PST) • Allocate time for proactive outreach for academic help on a weekly basis • Days/times will vary and hours will be on average 10 hours per week but up to a maximum of 25 hours as needed. • Provide and document curriculum feedback on a regular basis • Report to Lambda on student progress and successes throughout the course • Review quantitative and qualitative feedback given to students • Collaborate cross-functionally as needed.
• Ability to explain complex technical concepts to a novice; strong empathy for learners • Process-oriented with exceptional attention to detail • Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English • Extremely comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations • Strong Python programming skills, and experience with the Python Data Science ecosystem (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, etc.) • Strong subject matter expertise in Data Science - being broadly aware of practices, and knowing at least a few subtopics in depth • Takes initiative and proactively solves problems • Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight • Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals • If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED, you are required to have 5+ years of working experience in industry in a technical data role • If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in a technical data role.
• 2+ experience in teaching/training, online classroom management, and/or instructional design.
• Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast-track boot camps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full-time and part-time courses to our students.
• If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender non-conforming, first and second-generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. • Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.