• We are looking for a Technical Recruiter to build an unstoppable team and deliver the world's greatest communication app for college and university students.
• As a Technical Recruiter for our communication apps branch, you'll be in charge of putting together a team of exceptional people. For this app to succeed, we need developers with imagination and foresight — creators who can take what's out there right now and use it to build a new generation of tools. • You'll be a full-cycle recruiter. We'll expect you to establish funnels to source candidates, reach out to them personally, and conduct interviews. Our goal is to have a team of 20 people dedicated to this project by the end of 2021. • Create pipelines to bring in high-value candidates (the kind of people you can't find with just a keyword search) • Vet candidate CVs at a glance • Connect with candidates to schedule interviews • Be familiar enough with each role that you can answer all common questions • Interview candidates to determine professional and cultural fit • Be a friendly face to guide candidates through the recruitment process • Document your recruitment procedures, suggest improvements, and implement them
• For the roles we're trying to fill, keyword searching won't be enough. We're looking for a Technical Recruiter who has a pre-established network — someone with a strong enough reputation that the best people will reach out to them, instead of vice versa. • Our ideal candidate is an influencer in the software community: an open source contributor, regular conference speaker, or a builder of developer tools. They're charismatic and love talking to people. If they're not professionally experienced with the latest technology, they at least have a strong understanding of the theory behind it. • In addition, our ideal Technical Recruiter comfortable with goals that change regularly, and thrive in a self-directed work environment. They're curious, love learning, and are motivated to make an impact. • Experience in roles that exposed you to both coding and marketing • A large rolodex of talented software developers • Understanding of the full technical recruitment cycle • Understanding of the technical components of messaging, communications, and collaboration apps • Comfort with a largely autonomous work environment • Ability to adapt to requirements that change over time
• Our talent acquisition specialists help match fully remote companies with the best talent around the world. • We continuously strive to discover new talent and connect them with an opportunity that will minimize their stress and maximize their potential. Our main goal is to give people the chance to meaningfully contribute to society, whether they are talented developers, data scientists, machine learning specialists, project managers, technical writers, account managers, or sales reps.
• Our company culture is intense, but professionally and personally rewarding. You’ll own projects, be expected to contribute ideas at a high level, and execute. Best of all, working in a remote setting allows you to spend less time in meetings and more time doing the things you love.
• What is the project? • A while ago, we built a prototype for an internal chat platform that would replace the unwieldy stack of apps we used to communicate. Our team is entirely remote, and constantly switching between channels was cutting into productivity. • Once we tested our new app, we realized it could help other people whose lives were suffering from an overloading of messaging, social, and collaborative apps. • Perhaps nobody is hit harder by this problem than college students. The average student at a North American university uses about 10 different apps to stay in touch with friends, get class information, participate in student groups, and learn about campus events. • We're building a communication app to help them take their time back, so they can spend more of it appreciating one of the most fun parts of their lives.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.