What language do you want to use Torre in?
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer who will work closely with other engineers, designers, and product owners to develop and maintain web applications that are beautiful, fast, extensible, maintainable, accessible, and robust. They will effectively communicate about timelines, challenges and tradeoffs and help support a workflow that runs like a well oiled machine.
• Create new features to excite and delight our users • Build and maintain our consumer experience for Tradesy.com • Work closely with product/design to give early technical feedback on how features and other changes are implemented, how they affect timelines, and what tradeoffs they require • Work closely with QA and the engineering teams to make sure good unit, integration, and functional tests are written • Help migrate our system to a React front-end
• Solid grasp of SASS and related tools preferred • Solid understanding of frontend tooling like webpack/babel/npm/gulp/grunt/jenkins • A well developed approach to translating a design comp into technical requirements • A moderate understanding of what impacts SEO and Accessibility • A solid understanding of web performance metrics • Pride in your craftsmanship The ideal candidate: • Is an excellent communicator. Knows how and when to apply different communication styles to effectively communicate ideas, technological approach, trade-offs, etc… • Has experience building, maintaining and refactoring extensive web applications with complex dependencies and infrastructure • Experience re-platforming or migrating applications using React and SSR • Has very little tolerance for bad code, always refactoring and improving • Enjoys mentorship. Coaching is the defacto mode of operation.
• 5+ years of experience building beautiful web applications using HTML, CSS and ES6+ • 5+ years of experience working with frontend frameworks like Backbone, jQuery, Angular, React, Vue, etc…
• Tradesy is a new kind of peer-to-peer marketplace that addresses the pain-points associated with selling on sites like eBay and Craigslist. Our mission is to make it dead simple and delightful for anyone to sell the unused or underused goods cluttering their closets. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica. We're backed by some of the best investors around, including Kleiner Perkins (repped by John Doerr and Stephanie Tilenius on our board), and Sir Richard Branson. • Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail- at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
• Remote Friendly Department • Flexible Working Hours
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.