What language do you want to use Torre in?
You will have to bring both your engineering and operational mindset to the role
• As a Confluent SRE, you will be working alongside the rest of the Confluent engineers to build our PaaS product. You, and the rest of the SRE team, will be responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the Confluent cloud. If you love the hum of big data systems covering 10,000’s of instances, thinking about how to make them run as smoothly and securely as possible, and want to have a big influence on the architecture plus operational design points of this new product, then you will fit right in.
• As you will be building and running a distributed system across public clouds you will need strong fundamentals in this area plus experience of at least one of the main public cloud providers. • In order to scale automation is essential so you will use your existing knowledge and experience to automate large scale data systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is not essential but you will be expected to deliver high quality, clean code. Experience with Golang is advantageous. • Experience using Apache Kafka is a big plus
• Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
• At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
• Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events.
• Unlimited Holiday • Delicious Food on us (twice a week) • Excellent office location: Centred near bustling Covent Garden- there is a plethora of places to eat and drink with your team! • You can bring your dog into the office • Private Medical Insurance via a Premier provider which includes Dental (previous medical history disregarded) & discounts on gym membership • Life Insurance & Income Protection Insurance • Pension
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.