What language do you want to use Torre in?
As a legal fellow, you will gain the skills and experience needed to build a legal career in effective animal advocacy while furthering Mercy For Animals’ mission to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food.
• Research and analyze laws and policies relating to Mercy For Animals’ corporate and public engagement divisions, investigations, capacity building, and government affairs and public policy work • Advise the corporate engagement and public engagement divisions regarding free speech, defamation, and intellectual property matters • Review materials created by Mercy For Animals’ corporate engagement and public engagement divisions for compliance with applicable laws and policies • Advise the investigations team regarding legal issues that arise during investigations • Assist in drafting and reviewing contracts, including intellectual property licenses, privacy policies, and agreements with contractors • Handle any other legal issues that may arise during Mercy For Animals’ day-to-day operations, including general corporate, risk management, and legal compliance work • Follow all organizational policies and procedures • Perform any other duties assigned.
• Admission to practice, pending admission to at least one state bar, or arrangements to sit for the next available bar examination • Ability to work well in a team setting and at a fast pace • Ability to work remotely with team members located across the country and internationally • Proven exceptional organizational and writing skills • Commitment to the objectives of the organization • Demonstrated interest or background in vegan or factory-farm issues.
• You will support Mercy For Animals’ legal affairs division with analysis, drafting, and guidance regarding corporate engagement, investigations, public engagement, capacity building, government affairs, public policy, and legal compliance.
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited U.S. law school.
• Mercy For Animals is a globally-minded organization. We embrace new perspectives and innovative ideas that come only from a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the principles of equality, equity, and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to be their best, true self. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include and encourage candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
• Earn an annual salary of $50,000 plus benefits.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.