What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Penrose Hill is building the next generation of premium wine brands. Collaborating with famed winemakers and sourcing from distinguished vineyards around the globe, we make award winning wines of pedigree. As the world’s first data-first winery, we’re part of the wine business from grape to glass: not just making the wines but getting it directly into the hands of customers. Our largest and most profitable distribution channel is our wine club business, Firstleaf, which uses machine learning technology to match the perfect wine selections to each customer based on their preferences and ratings.
• The Head of Marketing Analytics will have responsibility for leading a function core to how we approach marketing - with data at the center of everything we do, and as a strategic advantage. They will contribute and lead across the full stack of marketing analytics disciplines: media analytics, digital product analytics, and customer analytics. This individual will partner closely with other Marketing leads to define where analytics can best be applied to improve decision-making, define new processes to ensure a deep integration with marketing programs, and will be expected to keep Firstleaf on the cutting edge of analytical techniques which drive marketing results. Most importantly, their thought leadership across marketing analytics will drive improved business results. • This role will have the unique opportunity to help build a high-performing team and discipline from the ground up, leveraging best practices gleaned from other organizations, and make it into an integral part of a high-growth DTC startup’s approach to continuing to drive growth.
• A passion and track record of advancing the analytical techniques used in business, therefore driving business results • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to influence cross-functional leaders, especially by distilling advanced analytical methodologies and outputs into clear and concise explanations, with a history of driving better data-driven decision making • Experience designing and analyzing A/B testing and lifecycle marketing experiments; deep background in conversion rate optimization • Expertise in SQL and working with structured and unstructured data-sets, as well as data visualization technologies • Experience operationalizing advanced data models (regression, segmentation, clustering, and other predictive or machine learning models) from exploration, modeling, testing to performance evaluation • Experience with a variety of different media attribution tools (e.g. MTA) and concepts (e.g. incrementality)
• Media Analytics: Partner with the Head of Acquisitions in ongoing media allocation, playing an integral role in determining where and how much we spend to profitably acquire new customers with a goal of increasing program scale. Deepen our understanding of our acquisition economics on a total and marginal basis. • Digital Product Analytics: Play a leadership role in driving conversion rate optimization (CRO) roadmap, prioritization, and cascade of key learnings and insights. Conduct pathing analyses to understand user pain points, feed insights to Digital Product and Tech teams to drive iteration on site and landing page experiences. • Customer Analytics: Define and enhance segmentation models for leads and customers, in order to enhance understanding of customer value. Partner with marketing stakeholders to leverage that segmentation across internal and external channels in order to enhance customer value. Identify key points across the customer lifecycle where targeted (triggered, behavioral) marketing treatments might increase customer value. • Data Process & Infrastructure: Build and implement a prioritization process for analytical requests that ensures alignment of analytics against key business opportunities. Partner with tech and data engineering teams to ensure all data used for marketing analytics is clean and reliably updated. Own implementation of key marketing tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics. Build appropriate dashboards to enhance data-driven decision-making.
• 8+ years of marketing analytics experience with knowledge of the full customer lifecycle, from acquisition through retention, and a deep understanding of the KPIs at each stage of that lifecycle • BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field.
• Penrose Hill is transforming the wine market by empowering consumers to experience wine in a whole new way: theirs. Our flexible subscription-based service model customizes wine shipments according to the individual member’s taste, schedule, and budget. Our algorithm constantly refines our wine recommendations based on the ratings of our members, who control which wines they get, how much, and how often. By eliminating the middleman and dealing directly with the world’s finest wineries, we are able to bring our members an exclusive selection of outstanding small-batch wines at significant savings. • Our premier wine service, Firstleaf, is launched in partnership with Time Inc. across the magazine conglomerate’s portfolio of leading publications, multiplicity of marketing channels, and vast subscriber base. True to the Penrose Hill promise of personalized service, Firstleaf puts members first, catering to their preferences to ensure that they get only the wine they love.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.