Job Family: Human Resources
Designs, implements, and monitors human capital programs and policies including total rewards, talent management, learning and development, recruitment and employee relations. Anticipates and plans for long-term people-related needs and trends. Ensures current employees have the necessary skills for future requirements. Maintains HR information systems.
Job Function: Learning & Development
Develops, implements, and/or supports training plans and programs that ensure that leadership, team and individual contributor skills and capabilities are at a standard that meets current and future requirements of the company and industry. Analyzes employee development needs to determine gaps and requirements for new program development. Conducts and supports ongoing evaluations of training programs to ensure effectiveness of programs, recommends modifications and implements enhancements as necessary.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Consultant, Solution Design & Delivery is responsible for creating nimble, relevant, and applicable training for the organization diverse learning audiences. Current instructional design theories and the application of educational technologies guides updates to core leadership programs to ensure learning is uniquely suited to lines of business, and the design of new programs will take advantage of the best research and learning tools available.
- Acts as subject matter expert providing functional and technical guidance to team.
- Analyzes client source content, target audience demographics, job tasks, and learner environment to identify learning objectives and appropriate instructional strategies.
- Analyzes input from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create and modify instructional materials.
- Develops questionnaires and procedures to determine if objectives are being met.
- Makes training recommendations consistent with established development time frames.
- Provides clients with support materials to guide roll out of training programs.
- Creates design documents to specify performance or behavioral objectives, sequencing of instruction, course content, source materials, and instructional strategies based on needs analysis and target audience.
- Utilizes a broad range of interactive, creative and intuitive instructional methods, including but not limited to simulations, games, hands-on activities, interactive case studies, role-plays, and assessments.
- Identifies opportunities to effectively integrate learning within the flow of work which results in positive and measurable clinical & business impacts.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external team members to conduct needs analyzes that identify and document knowledge and performance gaps.
- Designs and develops learning materials such as Facilitator Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint presentations, Quick Reference Guides, Job Aids, and Audio/Video scripts.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: in Instructional Design, Online Learning, Adult Learning, Elementary or Secondary Education, or a equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Master's Degree: in Instructional Design, Online Learning, Adult Learning, Elementary or Secondary Education, or a equivalent field.
- Experience -
- 9-12 years Designing formal and informal learning resources and programs.
- Using traditional productivity and development tools such as Articulate, Captivate and HTML5.
- Experience with web conferencing platforms such as WebEx or GoToMeeting.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Photo, audio and video editing skills using Adobe Creative Suite.
- LMS/LCMS and/or general CMS experience and their reporting capability.
- Experience in a fast-paced learning design/development environment.
- Experience in the full spectrum of asynchronous development (e.g., graphics, audio, video, and e-learning).
- Skills & Abilities -
- Experience reviewing courses to insure content and learning activities/assessments are in alignment using either Quality Matters rubric or similar course quality rubric
- Ability to communicate ideas and information (oral and written) clearly, effectively and frequently
- Ability to analyze source content and extract relevant information for instructional purposes
- Ability to identify problems, risks, and issues; mediate and develop solutions; and implement a course of action
- Ability to seek out and evaluate current and innovative technologies and methodologies for knowledge transfer, skill and competency building and performance enhancement in adults
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Knowledgeable and practical application of Gagnes Conditions of Learning/Nine Events of Instruction, Kellers ARCS Model of Motivation, Kirkpatricks Levels of Evaluation, and Blooms Taxonomy
- Strong knowledge of training design and delivery
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Solid decision-making skills, is able perform multiple tasks while maintaining a high level of efficiency and quality
- Strong technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of banking and financial industry preferred
- Licenses & Certifications -
- Active membership in professional training organization (i.e. ATD) preferred.
- Change Orientation - Innovation:
- Collaboration - Relationship Management:
- Customer Focus - Customer Understanding:
- Execution - Excellence:
- Influence - Awareness:
- Advanced - Leading and Guiding
Uses a combination of logic, personal passion, conviction and interpersonal skills to influence others
Enlists commitment by involving others at early, and all stages
- Problem Solving - Problem Identification:
- Advanced - Leading and Guiding
- Risk Management - Risk and Compliance Adherence:
- Advanced - Leading and Guiding
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environment
- Investigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.