What language do you want to use Torre in?
We're looking for experienced Outreach Peers to build referral partnerships with local service providers, conduct member outreach, and maintain our online database of content for members.
• Conduct outreach to, and enroll new members in Marigold • Document enrollment information and individual touchpoints in our digital system • Ensure enrollment is followed by connection to relevant Marigold staff (e.g. Certified Peer Specialists, Care Navigators) • Collect and compile data needed for program reports and outcomes measurement • Adhere to Marigold Health's information, security and privacy requirements • Refer members to community resources and providers • Represent Marigold Health when interacting with community organizations that support people in recovery • Maintain a working knowledge of resources in the communities our members live in • Attend network meetings to develop partnerships with key service providers • Support members in accessing community resources including but not limited to: medical, mental health, treatment facilities, employment and training programs, food pantries, public assistance, SSI and SSDI, childcare, transportation, subsidized housing opportunities, and legal assistance • Adjust referral protocols to based on member need as part of continuous quality improvement • Manage an online database of member resources • Promote Marigold within local providers and recovery-oriented spaces to generate referrals • Educate various agencies, clinical providers, and other interested parties on Marigold's programs + member services • Work with partner staff to identify optimal referral (to Marigold) workflows • Organize focus groups with community members to identify access barriers and potential improvements to our services • Externally, contribute to Marigold's blog to showcase community supports and resources (https://medium.com/marigold-health) • Regularly engage members remotely + implement crisis intervention strategies when appropriate • Answer member phone calls and text messages • Respond to member inquires after hours (applicable only to 6pm-12am shift).
• This person is someone we can count on to: • OWN their ability to stand confidently in their expertise • LEARN new innovative peer-support interventions • INFORM Marigold staff, members, and the Delaware/Massachusetts community of resources and additional networks to support one’s recovery planning and overall well being • ENGAGE Marigold members in navigating the healthcare system and their social environment in a non-directive and supportive manner that promotes informed decision making and self-learning. • A positive, welcoming attitude and strong customer service skills, including handling difficult issues with sensitivity • At least 2 years of experience working as a peer and providing support to people in recovery • Willingness to obtain national peer certification within 12 months of hire • HS Diploma or GED • Demonstrated strong organizational skills; experience prioritizing projects and working on several projects simultaneously • Ability to work in collaborative settings, and balance efforts on multiple simultaneous projects • Ability to take initiative and begin projects independently • Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds • Reliable access to internet in a private space (we will provide equipment, e.g a laptop computer) • Familiarity/comfort operating a smartphone, computer, and using software tools such as Microsoft Office • Be able to document member engagements in an electronic record • An ability to adapt to change - as a new program, we're continuously making changes based on results in the field • Fluency in Spanish is a significant plus • Experience delivering peer support digitally (e.g. on social media) is a significant plus.
• You'll enroll members into our program, connect members to resources at various agencies, and promote Marigold in recovery-oriented spaces. • Use communication and listening techniques to build rapport and de-escalate crisis scenarios, completing incident reports when applicable • Check voicemails and route messages to appropriate team members • Support the work of other Marigold staff • Aid Lead Peers in making full use of Marigold's technology tools for member outreach + engagement • Check eligibility of prospective members and schedule outreach to those meeting enrollment criteria • Collaborate with other staff engaging members you've interacted with • Complete end-of-shift reports.
• This role does not require a certification, but we require a minimum of 2 years of work experience as a peer, and expect you to get certified within 12 months of starting.
• Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of American adults) a place to feel heard. • Our work is focused on remotely delivering evidence-based peer support to persons experiencing Life and Care transitions. We've designed a novel program that augments the efforts of peer workers with technology tools to help automate outreach and facilitate community linkages, as well as give persons served ("members") more avenues through receive support via anonymous support groups in a mobile app. • We're an early-stage, rapidly growing startup, with the potential in our new approach recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. Our investors include top-tier venture capitalists, and our research collaborators are eminent investigators at Brown and Johns Hopkins. We currently work with a range of community-based mental health & substance use treatment providers and are in the middle of our first state-wide implementation with a managed care organization.
• Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
• Compensation: $18/hour + healthcare/dental/vision benefits.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.