What language do you want to use Torre in?
• The Babylist Engineering team is involved in growing and scaling all aspects of our business. Data is at the core of what we do and a key area of investment in the future. Data is used to power our decision making all the way from user acquisition, content, to optimizing our supply chain. We will invest heavily in the coming years in making data more accessible to our internal teams and leveraging it to provide users with a more personalized registry, gifting, and shopping experience.
• The Director of Data and Analytics will report to the VP of Engineering and manage a team of 3-6 data-focused resources -- data scientists, data strategists, data analysts, and data engineers • The team will in many ways be their own product manager(s) when working across the organization to make data more accessible and actionable • The team will pair with Product and Engineering when working on feature work that powers our web and mobile apps • The team will be responsible for their own infrastructure and pair up with application DevOps when there is an overlap • Manage the existing team of three engineers, helping them execute your vision for analytics and data science.
• 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience • Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications • Deep understanding of data and analytics as it relates to business and strategy operations • Hired, mentored, and retained senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams • Experience independently starting self-sustaining teams is a plus. • Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction • Operated well in the unknown - experienced with rapid growth and constantly shifting challenges and priorities. We’re looking for someone who is able to adapt and shift strategy quickly and is able to manage the team well in the process. • Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering • Worked well in cross-functional teams (eng, product, design, operations)
• At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. We have a large and rapidly growing user base of passionate parents-to-be who are making important purchasing decisions for one of the biggest events in their lives, which is both exciting and overwhelming. Our core product is our universal baby registry. Currently, one in two first-time expecting families in the United States actually create a baby registry at Babylist.com. In 2019, over $400 million worth of gifts were purchased off of Babylist registries and in 2020 we have tripled our annual revenue.
• We get stuff done • We have a real impact on people’s lives • We're passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them • We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable) • We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement • We’re a technological and data-driven business • We believe in autonomy and reward taking the initiative • We have experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
• If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
• Competitive pay • Competitive health benefits including company-funded medical, dental, and vision • 401(k), FSA plans, and disability insurance • Flexible paid parental leave policy • MacBook Pro, a home office stipend, the fully-remote Engineering team • We work at a sustainable pace; in general, we don't work late or on weekends
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.