• phData works exclusively in the realm of data and machine learning. By partnering with the biggest cloud data platforms (Snowflake, Azure, AWS, Cloudera), we’re able to help the world’s largest companies solve their toughest challenges. • Our work is challenging and our standards are high, but we invest heavily in our employees, starting with a 4 week bootcamp to ensure you’ll be successful. Plus, you’ll get to work with the brightest minds in the industry and the latest data platforms on the market. And, because the data and ML industry is changing rapidly, you will always have the opportunity to learn - whether that’s a new technology, diving deeper into your preferred stack, or picking up an entirely new skill set.
• Designing and implementing data solutions best-suited to deliver on our customer needs and use cases — from streaming, to data lakes, to analytics, and beyond across a progressively evolving technical stack. • Providing thought leadership by recommending the right technologies and solutions for a given use case, from the application layer to infrastructure; and they have the team leadership and coding skills (e.g. Python, Java, and Scala) to get their solutions into production — and to help ensure performance, security, scalability, and robust data integration. • Thinking independently and seeing the big picture • Translating customer needs into solutions • Confidently standing behind your recommendations • Exploring new technologies in an effort to always grow and uncover better ways to solve problems (for instance: automating all the things) • Explaining your technical decisions, both internally and externally • Smiling in the face of complex problems • Collaborating and helping your fellow data engineers learn and grow • Working seamlessly across a variety of technical stacks, including Cloudera, Databricks, Snowflake & AWS
• Programming Expertise in Java, Python, Scala, or another modern programming language like Kotlin, C#, NodeJS, Rust • Strong working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write, debug, and optimize SQL queries • Production experience in core data platforms: Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, GCP, Hadoop • Cloud and Distributed Data Storage (HDFS, S3, ADLS, GCS, Kudu, ElasticSearch/Solr, Cassandra or other NoSQL storage systems) • Data integration technologies: Spark, Kafka, eventing/streaming, Streamsets, NiFi, AWS Data Migration Services, Azure DataFactory, Google DataProc • Multiple data sources (e.g. queues, relational databases, files, search) • Complete software development lifecycle experience including design, documentation, implementation, testing, and deployment • Automated data transformation and data curation: spark, spark streaming, automated pipelines And if you’re joining as a Solution Architect, you have... • Client-facing written and verbal communication skills and experience • Proven experience as a technical team lead, and/or mentorship of other engineers • Ability to develop end-to-end technical solutions • Create and deliver detailed presentations • Detailed solution documentation (e.g. sequence diagrams, class hierarchies, logical system views, etc.)
• At least 4 years experience as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer or Data Analyst • Relevant side projects (e.g., contributions to an open source technology stack) • 4-year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field • And if you’re joining as a Solution Architect, you have 8+ years of total experience
• phData is the perfect mix of services and automation to create solid data platforms, outstanding data products, and value-generating machine learning systems in the cloud. phData guides the world’s largest brands in cloud data platforms, data engineering, data science, and machine learning. • Snowflake Emerging Partner of the Year 2020 • Databricks Rising Star Partner of the Year 2020 • Cloudera Partner of the Year 2020
• Even though we're growing extremely fast, we maintain a casual, exciting work environment. We hire top performers and allow them the autonomy to deliver results. Our award winning workplace fosters learning, creativity and teamwork.
• Fueled by talented Data Scientists, Engineers, Architects, and innovative thought leaders, phData is shaping the future of data. We're looking for Solutions Architects and Sr. Data Engineers help customers gain tangible value from their data.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.