• Are you an experienced industry professional who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Can you dedicate a minimum of one hour or up to 29 hours, weekly to assist student(s)? Then this may be the position for you! • We believe learning a new skill, in any of our programs, should be exciting and engaging — and that extends beyond the classroom. • Our Tutors support students enrolled in University Bootcamps across the globe(Columbia University, UC Berkeley, & Georgia Tech to name a few of our partners) in the following areas: • Financial Technologies • Financial Fundamentals in Time-Series Analysis, Financial Ratios, and Financial Analysis • Python 3, Pandas, MAtplotlib, API Interactions, and JupyterLab • Financial libraries and Tools like NumPy, SciPy, and Quantopian • Execution Algorithms, Monte Carlo Simulations, Risk-Data Aggregation, Forecasting, Financial Modeling, Modern Portfolio Theory, and Logistic Regression • Machine Learning using Algorithmic Trading, Random Forests, k-Nearest Neighbor (kNN), Support ZVector Machines (SVM), Linear Regression, and Scikit-learn • Blockchain and Cryptocurrency experience in Solidity, Ethereum, Consensus Algorithms, Transactions, Validation, Distributed Ledger, Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, and Mining
• Tutors are assigned to support one or more students' learning for the duration of their course via slack and zoom support. • Support ranges from code review, project preparation, constructive feedback and moral encouragement. • Research and answer student questions • Provide empathy, support, and encouragement while engaging students
• Some familiarity with most or all of the program technologies listed above
• At least 6 months of experience related to the program(Bootcamp experience counts!)
• Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand, partners with the world's leading universities to help companies bridge the digital skills gap. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top institutions to power boot camps that prepare today's workers for tomorrow's jobs. • Our programs have been in existence since October 2015, and since that first class, we've launched an additional 300 classes with 50+ university partnerships.
• Logistics: • This is a remote part time position (W2 based employment) • Tutors specify how many hours a week they will be available to tutor and they will be assigned students accordingly through a queuing system for assignments • Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone / headset, and reliable internet access • Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.