What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance. • Lambda is looking for a Product Design Manager.
• Manage and develop a team of designers, including setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring timelines are met and setting up team members for overall success • Help establish a shared vision across the company for the look and feel of our products • Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality • Be a player coach who will roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer alongside the team. • Perform observational user research and design synthesis.
• Demonstrated track record of building design teams: you have a passion for mentoring team members, giving and soliciting feedback, and continually raising our bar for quality • Excellent visual design and communication skills: you understand how to convey simplicity and clarity with visual language • Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, and facilitate design discussions • Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others.
• You will manage the Product Design team, driving strategy for the product and prioritizing the success of our students with every decision. You will collaborate closely with our design team and cross-functional leaders across the company to create experiences for our staff and students as well as shape what our design culture looks like.
• 4+ years as a Product Designer or equivalent design experience • 2+ years of experience in a hybrid or 100% managerial role, coaching and managing teams of designers.
• Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
• If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.