• At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. This role requires technical accounting expertise, critical thinking skills, effective organizational skills and a strong ability to build effective relationships across the organization. If you are looking for a critical role with the ability to significantly impact an organization, then this may be the role for you!
• General Accounting: Drive reliable and transparent company accounting processes and functions, including timely and accurate recording and reporting of all financial transactions and system reconciliations. Prepare journal entries for entry into the general ledger system by collecting necessary data; analyze and prepare audit trail support for the journal entries. • Month End: Participate in the month end accounting close process and ensure proper application of US GAAP. Review general ledger transactions for accuracy; analyze to ensure proper expensing and capitalization of costs; research and correct discrepancies. • Financial Statements: Assist with the monthly preparation of consolidated financial statements on a global basis. Analyze financial statements to understand trends in the business and ensure the accuracy of reported results. • Audits: Assist with quarterly and annual examinations by external auditors; compile support, fill out audit templates, and fulfill other ad hoc requests, as needed. • Ad-Hoc Requirements: Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary. Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
• This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for these processes and demonstrating the ability to work independently and efficiently. This person will have a demonstrated track record of embracing relationships by working closely with internal and external stakeholders. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to excel & improve by both constantly looking for new ways to achieve operational excellence and thinking outside the box, evaluating refinements to the accounting processes and showing a passion for continued learning. • Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done, with a high bar for excellence. • Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems. • You are tenacious and don’t get discouraged. • Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own. • Have solid organization and time management skills. • Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail. • Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments • Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
• Within 3 Months: • Should have full understanding over the US accounting operations. • Fully integrated into the team. • Working autonomously and up to speed on processes and tools. • Contributing new ideas and improvements to the team/company. • Within 6 Months: • Should be adding value to international processes. • Delivered on-time and accurate monthly closes for 3 consecutive months. • Trusted by peers and colleagues.
• 5+ years of relevant experience, including minimum of 2 years' experience in public accounting. • Bachelors Degree and CPA required. • Strong knowledge of internal controls and compliance. • Independent / flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows. • Comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities. • Excellent interpersonal & communication skills; able to quickly develop strong relationships with employees across the business. • Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks, NetSuite, Sage Intacct, Concur and various budget-related software a plus. • Highly proficient in MS Excel.
• Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world. • A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners. • Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
• Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
• The Senior Accountant is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners, with periodic group working days at co-working facilities. This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. Candidates in the greater Boston area are preferred, but exceptional candidates in one of our other “hubs” (New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver) will be considered.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.