What language do you want to use Torre in?
• About our Career Accelerator Program (CAP): The Career Accelerator Program at PagerDuty offers an opportunity for participants, to learn and build meaningful skills at PagerDuty. Whether you’re enrolled in a post-secondary institution, completed a coding bootcamp, or returning to work after a gap in employment, CAP can provide up to 16 weeks of hands-on experience in a high growth tech company. Through a variety of networking, learning, and mentoring opportunities, our CAP program fast tracks participants for an exceptional career and can serve as a gateway to permanent employment at PD. CAP has three cohorts each year beginning in January (Winter), May (Summer) and September (Fall) and participants are paid competitively in their respective industries.
• You will work as part of the PagerDuty product team, designing the user experience of a key feature from start to finish • You will work closely with a product manager to help define the user experience strategy of product features based on defined business goals • You will conduct research with PagerDuty users to develop a deeper understanding of user problems to inform design decisions and communicate them back to the team • You will make decisions about what design deliverables are the most appropriate for the feature you are working on, including low-fidelity wireframes, interactive prototypes, or high-fidelity mockups • You will collaborate with a team of developers to iterate on designs in an agile environment • You will reflect on your own work, using qualitative and quantitative research methods to validate prototypes and early product versions • Through this internship you will gain the opportunity to participate in agile product sprints, and walk away with valuable design work to add to your portfolio
• You are passionate about user experience design and solving interesting problems • You are empathetic; you have a strong desire for learning about people and how they use software • You can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions • You relish the opportunity for close collaboration and enjoy a team-oriented environment • You are self-driven and resourceful when given new challenges in a fast-paced environment • You want to build expertise in a design discipline, such as interaction design, usability testing, information architecture, or data visualization • Good understanding of user experience design fundamentals • Comfortable using at least one design tool eg, Sketch, invision, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite
• Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come. • We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. • Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter. • We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
• PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status. • PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you. • Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
• This is a remote, 4 month role for the Summer 2021 term that begins on May 3, 2021 and ends on August 27, 2021. Successful candidates will be working from home during the duration of the term. • Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements. • PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.