What language do you want to use Torre in?
• The primary focus will be commercial contracting including support for FBN’s internal procurement team, real estate and facilities teams, IT teams, HR and recruiting. A secondary focus will be assisting others on the Legal team and all other teams as the need arises for drafting and advising support. This will provide the attorney with broad exposure to FBN’s diverse business activities and educational and growth opportunities beyond the primary focus.
• Knowledge of the agricultural industry, especially with respect to the marketing, sale and distribution of agricultural inputs (crop protection and seed) is preferred. • Team attitude that no job is too big or too small. Thrives in an environment where you need to roll-up your sleeves and own outcomes. • Ability to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and business needs. • Adept at working in a fast-paced, high activity environment. • Real estate (warehouse facility and office) experience strongly preferred. • Experience as legal partner to HR on Canadian recruitment, retention and employment matters. • Familiarity with technology transaction license agreements preferred. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within the organization (including senior management) and manage cross functional teams, including finance, marketing, sales. • Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information. • Proactive and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to adapt and contribute to a constantly evolving business. • Familiarity with contract management systems and demonstrated commitment to document management best practices.
• J.D. Degree. from top Canadian or U.S. law school. Strong academic credentials. • Must be a member of good standing of a provincial bar, preferably Alberta. • 3-5+ years of corporate law experience, preferably including at a law firm. In-house experience is a plus.
• Proudly Farmers First®! • What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world? • Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN®) • FBN was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
• Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For U.S.-based candidates, Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.
• The Corporate Counsel--Commercial Contracts will join the growing legal team and will support a varied array of the Company’s fast growing businesses while also interacting with and supporting various groups across the company.
• This role could be based in High River, AB or be corporate remote. Limited travel may be required.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.