What language do you want to use Torre in?
• The Director of Operations – Home Purchase will build and lead a brand-new business unit in a fast-growing real estate technology start up. This role is at the nexus of leadership, creativity, analytics, deep curiosity, quick learning and day-in-day-out problem solving. This is a cross-functional role that requires a flexible, adaptable mindset and versatile skillset. In addition to building, scaling and overseeing the Home Purchase operations organization, you will partner with various teams and functions to relentlessly tackle diverse challenges as you scale the business. You will own all components of the operation, from hiring, budgeting, resource planning and reporting directly on performance to the leadership and executive teams. • You will be excited to join the ‘title and escrow company of the future,’ an at- scale start up that is transforming a massive industry (take a look at some recent press here).
• Own all aspects of Home Purchase operation, a first of its kind centralized operations team to fulfill home purchase transactions around the country • Build a foundation for a diverse mid-size team, putting together a scalable structure to deliver on company & departmental objectives • Create a team culture where associates are proud of their work and happy to be part of our team for years to come; instill a culture of continuous improvement and positivity through change • Oversee P&L, resource planning, and operational growth • Constantly search for areas of continuous improvement, and drive those changes • Collaborate across the business
• This role is open to remote candidates, but must be willing to routinely travel to Irvine, CA and San Francisco, CA. • A track record of having built and scaled operational infrastructure and systems to support growth and efficiency; proven ability to build, scale, and lead mid-size teams • A versatile skillset – you’re good with people, processes, analytics and creative problem-solving • An owner’s mentality • Endlessly curious and a fast learner • Ability to learn the smallest of details and then zoom way out to tend to the health of the business as a whole • A relentless pursuit of critical outcomes • Effective at communicating with and motivating a diverse workforce • Ability to thrive in ambiguous and ever-changing environments • A customer-obsessed fixation with measuring and improving experience and quality • Experience in the real estate space is a plus, but not a requirement
• 5+ years experience managing mid-to-large size operations teams
• States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
• We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life: We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission. Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit: • We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add • Learn something new every day • Get more done than you would anywhere else
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.