What language do you want to use Torre in?
• We are looking for an Engineering Manager on our Seller Products who can help deliver the best home selling experience on earth.
• Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products • Support and grow your direct reports and peer teams • Champion engineering and operations, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement • Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers • Working closely with product and design, help engineers gain business context, improve prioritization skills, and hone their craft • Promote an engaged, product-focused, positive engineering culture • Uncover better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it.
• Passion for managing talented engineers in a fast-paced environment • Experience with architectural patterns of large applications • Proven track record of leading productive engineering teams and shipping products • Instituted consistent cultural choices that positively impact all of engineering • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. A bias towards action and an iterative approach to problem solving • Experience actively coaching and mentoring team members in their careers • Instituted consistent cultural choices that positively impact all of engineering • A high level of organization and the the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
• There are millions of home moves per year, and we believe all of them should consider Opendoor as an option. You will mentor and lead teams of Engineers to build scalable products, rapidly ship experiments, and be a thought partner for our business and marketing counterparts, all while getting first hand experience scaling a complex business and growing an organization You will lead, manage, and inspire engineers to ship software that solves customer problems. As a hands-on leader with a bias towards action, you’ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements
• 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience, with 2+ as hands-on technical manager • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
• Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion-dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 85,000 customers and recently went public! The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
• Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.