• Data Science empowers Yelp by providing trusted data products, tools and measurement strategies that are based on rigorous statistical methodology, expertise and experience so that Yelp can deliver the best possible experience for its customers. • The Data Science group performs deep analyses, builds models and designs experiments which directly impact Yelp’s business, products and users. • Develop core decision-impacting metrics, models, and research for specific Yelp products and features. • Recruit, engage and hire high quality talent and foster both team and employee growth. • Represent the work of the team, demonstrating impact and disseminating learnings to senior leaders and cross functional groups and advocating for additional investment where needed. • Product stakeholder management - facilitating collaborative relationships with product owners to identify key hypotheses, plan and execute appropriate experiments, and consult on product decisions with analyses and data product improvements. • Collaborate with engineering, suggesting and designing data product improvements to more thoroughly and confidently answer questions about Yelp's products. • Partner with data architects to ensure that Data Science initiatives and analytical solutions are aligned with the enterprise technology roadmap. • Own your team’s stakeholder engagement model, defining and communicating the decision criteria for committing team resources.
• An experienced analytical person who can synthesize deep product and business knowledge • Someone who has extensive statistical, analytical and technical expertise, but who is also an inspiring leader and communicator • Demonstrated capacity to directly impact product and business problems • Communication skills to work with partners on engineering, product and business teams.
• 5+ years of total industry experience in a quantitative role (DS, Analytics, ML, Operations) • 2+ years of industry experience in a leadership capacity
• Local businesses are turning to Yelp because we’re uniquely positioned to help them reach their customers during these challenging times. Our Engineering & Product teams have responded by quickly identifying their needs and building innovative products and features to support them. Our commitment to connecting people with great local businesses has never been stronger.
• At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.” • We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
• As a Data Science Manager - Marketplaces, you will lead a team of 3-6 Data Scientists and Data Science Analysts focused on a critical business area, reporting to the VP of Data Science. You’ll work closely with cross-functional leaders to identify opportunities, research approaches, and develop measurement strategies.
• Please note that this role will operate remotely and is open to all candidates in the US. We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.