• We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee profile other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by great customer experience. Join us!
• Provide daily accounting functions for multiple regions • Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly financial reports – prepare monthly journal entries, financial statement preparation/reconciliation and bank reconciliations. • Prepare monthly and ad hoc distributions to clients • Review and maintain accuracy of general ledgers • G/L activity posting, Balance Sheet reconciliation and maintenance of subsidiary ledgers • Support Property Accounting Managers with ad hoc projects, monthly closes and distributions • Monitor cash receipt postings, tenant billings, billing adjustments and perform tenant ledger reconciliations when necessary • Review invoice coding and invoice workflow to ensure timely payments to vendors • Coordinate with various departments to ensure accounting accuracy • Ability to independently research historical cash transactions and provide Portfolio Managers and Regional Directors with timely responses • Provide accounting detail and assistance to Property Accounting Managers for all internal and/or external auditors • Research new accounting laws and regulations for different states as needed • Prepare annual 1099 and 1096 reporting to vendors and IRS • Prepare quarterly 592 and 588 forms to Franchise Tax Board on as needed basis • Performs ad hoc assignments as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred, or equivalent experience • 3+ years of Real Estate Accounting experience. Property management experience is a plus • Proficiency using Excel and Google Suite products • High degree of accuracy and attention to detail. • Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people. • Planning and Organizing – ability to establish a course of action to accomplish goals and evaluate results. • Ability to multitask - work successfully under pressure and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs. • Client Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal client, establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients, and gains their trust and respect. • Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. • Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and others for results. • Thrives in a fast-paced and start-up environment
• The Property Accountant will provide full cycle accounting support for the property management team, and function as a key member of the team. This role is responsible for communicating financial results to both external clients and management teams. The skills required to succeed in this role include strong accounting, collaboration, communication skills.
• Mynd Management is a full-service, tech-enabled property management and real estate investment company serving the single-family rental (SFR) housing sector. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. Mynd efficiently manages rental homes for property owners, provides digital leasing services for renters, and offers quality housing to residents in 19 metros nationwide. Mynd’s industry-leading services and features such as 3D tours, virtual leasing, online rent collection, and weekly disbursements provide an unparalleled rental living experience and maximize net operating income for owners. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.