What language do you want to use Torre in?
Clio is changing the way lawyers manage their practice and we’re seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team. This is a remote position. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
• Partner with product management and engineering leads to define objectives and key results for your triad. • Be responsible for balancing speed, quality, and consistency of design. • Advocate for our customers by understanding their needs, nuances, and root causes of their problems. Concept, prototype, design and present solutions that solve both business and user problems and deliver measurable outcomes. • Be able to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions, and be able to ask difficult questions and challenge assumptions. • Coach and mentor fellow designers on a range of design practices. • Provide thoughtful feedback in team critiques. • Break down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable pieces. • Conduct user research interviews, usability testing, and analysis. • Leverage metrics to drive product design and measure product success. • Be able to adapt your process to the needs of the situation.
• Excellent communication skills. • Deep understanding of good user experience, IA, and visual design. • Experience with modern design tools (Figma) and the willingness to adopt new tools as needed. • A strong understanding of web technologies. • A design degree or relevant experience with platform and/or application design. • Humility plus strong opinions that are loosely held.
• Design plays an integral role at Clio, making up one of the three pillars of our Product Organization alongside Product Management and Engineering. Product designers directly engage in researching the behaviours and needs of our users. They act as champions of user experience in our Product organization as we work to transform the way lawyers and their staff provide services to their clients. If you’re focused on shipping value to customers with an opportunity to revolutionize an industry, you’ve found your next team.
• 6+ years experience in Product Design, UX Design, or related discipline. SaaS experience is a bonus.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report, or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices.
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
• Where your team works: Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.