What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Product Designer to lead the design of customer experiences for our Enterprise customers. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design experiences that enable our Enterprise customers to manage the end to end customer journey from onboarding, build, launch, operate and scale. • The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles and standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
• BE AN OWNER: Own and advance the user experience for Enterprise customer journey touchpoints • WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Engage with our customer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. • WRITE IT DOWN: Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for customer experiences. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with partners on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution. • DRAW THE OWL: Navigate ambiguity with a scientific approach - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting. • DON’T SETTLE: Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization. • NO SHENANIGANS + BE INCLUSIVE: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
• Twilio is seeking a Staff, Product Designer who: • Has experience in designing complex systems that scale, operating models and consistent design tooling across matrixed teams designers, engineers, and product managers • Has experience driving strategy and vision, shepherding throughout the product life cycle across multiple teams and partners • Can collaborate with product managers to explore problems and identify high-impact opportunities for the business • Can ideate and validate solutions based on user research and data, as well as have first-hand experience in conducting discovery and research methodologies. • Can make informed decisions amid ambiguous situations while considering the goals, constraints, and risks • Is a self starter, strong communicator, and collaborator • Will evangelize UX and customer-centric thinking across the organization • Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers. • Readily applies design thinking methodologies to drive alignment across different teams and partners • The ideal candidate also has: • Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment. • has worked at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers. • Experience with designing for new initiatives - starting with hypothesis and problem definition
• 5+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Human Factors, Information Management, Design, Psychology or Anthropology
• Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
• Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Increasingly, we’re hearing from our B2C customers that they’re struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors can’t replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement and Twilio, this role is for you! • Twilio is a company that empowers the world’s developers. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and entire employee experience. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation - and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
• Why? • The Enterprise team’s mission is to enable our Mid size and Enterprise customs to achieve their full potential and scale rapidly by providing a platform they can trust. As a designer on this diverse team you’ll discover and deliver improvements to our industry leading Customer Engagement platform. Some exciting areas of this team’s charter include Proactive Insights, Enterprise dashboards and Enterprise Security features. • Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us. • Where? • This position will be remote in the US. This position is remote friendly. However, when visiting our offices, you will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. • Salary: • Denver/Boulder Metro: $120,832 - $166,144 • Rest of Colorado: $105,728 - $145,376
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.