What language do you want to use Torre in?
Are you a South East based Sales Representative with proven IT services sales experience? Do you want to represent a leading edge IT consulting company and a respected brand in the data management space? At Pythian, we’re looking for a successful Sales Representative to join our North American sales team. You will be responsible for hunting for new business with a focus on the Mid-market segment inside your assigned territory, and engaging with prospects to position Pythian’s services. You will run full sales cycle activities with a focus on the evaluation and closing stages. If this is you, and you wonder what would it be like to work at Pythian, reach out to us and find out!
• Developing and executing a territory plan as well as planning target account expansion strategies and tactics and maintaining a robust sales pipeline. • Developing leads, campaigns, and new go-to market strategies and uncovering opportunities within net new accounts in your assigned territory. • Developing a close working relationship with Mid-market Google sellers within your territory. • Managing contract negotiations and leading other pre-sale activities, keeping thorough records of customer interactions, providing sales projections, and meticulous CRM (salesforce.com) updating. • Travelling as required to attend in-person meetings with prospects and clients, attending conferences, trade shows, and other industry events, as well as annual sales kickoff meetings.
• While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as: • Previous experience in a sales role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets in the information technology or professional services sector with an emphasis on hunting for new business coupled with a desire to help clients solve difficult business problems with technology. • Experience in selling cloud technologies and services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure) as well as a deep understanding of the growing purpose and role of various public cloud platforms. Cloud certifications are an asset. • Strong understanding of the vital role of data in the application and analytics space and the various underlying technologies both in the cloud and on prem. • Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building. • Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience. • Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models. • Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement. • Excellent communication and presentation skills. • Proficient in the use of Salesforce, and its importance.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered. • 5+ years experience in selling professional or managed IT services in the cloud, application, analytics, data management and data infrastructure space.
• Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. • Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. • As a Sales Representative in Toronto, you will be part of our driven Sales team working with our global clients to improve their data infrastructure and enterprise information systems. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
• Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
• All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America permanently– Pythian will not sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of, a foreign worker to become a U.S permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work in the U.S.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.