What language do you want to use Torre in?
Payments are Stripe’s core business: our payments infrastructure teams are responsible for processing and moving funds at large scale and with high accuracy. Within the growing payments infrastructure organization, the Financial Data team operates and scales financial reporting systems to ensure integrity of all downstream data consumers. We report and trace all transactions from authorization to bank deposit for more than 30 currencies, dozens of countries, and a growing list of payment methods: credit and debit cards, bank drafts, and mobile payments. Your focus will be on increasing Stripe’s programmatic financial reporting capabilities.
• Collaborate across the company, including accounting, financial partnerships and product teams, to analyze and account for billions of dollars moving through the Stripe platform. • Design, build, and evolve financial reporting systems and interfaces to provide internal customers with usable, reliable, and toil-reducing means of data consumption. You will analyze and build optimized pipelines for both technical and non-technical data consumers. • Develop interfaces and procedures to accelerate our Financial Data Infrastructure roadmap, including adherence to recurring reporting deadlines, financial analysis, and audit commitments. • Design and implement ad hoc reporting to enable information needs that may not fit into a broader, scheduled data model or system.
• A strong engineering background with interest in building large scale data solutions to enable people and systems. • Working knowledge of Airflow or some other scheduling tool. • Experience and a proven track record of scaling data solutions to large, reliable, and performant systems. • You thrive in a fast growing organization and enjoy working with business-focused or non-engineers to drive solutions against a broader strategic roadmap. • Experience building and maintaining data pipelines serving human and machine consumers. • Knowledge of or willingness to learn general accounting standards and processes, as well as financial planning and analysis.
• 5+ years of data engineering experience and a strong command of Spark, SQL, and a general purpose programming language - we routinely work with Python and Scala.
• Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of every size—from new startups to public companies—use our software to accept payments and manage their businesses online. • Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet
• Individuals seeking employment at Stripe are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
• Some Things You Might Work On: • Automate accounting, planning, and management reporting; both within existing infrastructure and extend capabilities as we scale. • Build datasets and reports that describe our business within various regulatory or audit frameworks. • Create data pipelines in Spark Scala or SQL between our payments stack, accounting system, and reporting platforms. • Construct ETLs of datasets from services such as Hive/Hadoop/S3 to an ERP via integration middleware. • Broaden the information available to our internal customers by developing reporting from the information contained in our core finance systems.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.