What language do you want to use Torre in?
• As an engineering manager at Mux, you will lead one or multiple teams to drive the scaling and development of our rapidly growing video platform. Along with your team, you will dive into challenging video and systems problems to create powerful and delightful video API features. You will also play an integral role in scaling out our team, processes, and culture as we grow.
• Collaboratively develop a team vision and roadmap with your team, technical leaders, and product counterparts. • Drive the successful execution of complex deliverables through technical insights, organization, and productive collaboration. • Cultivate a culture of excellence and psychological safety to build inclusive, productive, healthy teams. • Hire, develop, and retain strong engineering talent.
• Thrive on nurturing the growth and success of others; you enjoy motivating and bringing a group of people together (engineering and cross-functional). • Adept at driving decisions and uniting stakeholders when there is ambiguity, disagreements, or conflicting constraints. • Experience of working on a large scale product with high traffic. Strong competency in engineering fundamentals. • Experience of working with developer-facing or API products highly preferred. • High technical curiosity and willingness to learn. Although prior video experience is not required, diving into the details on the job is expected.
• 2+ years of engineering management experience with a track record of successfully building and leading inclusive, highly productive teams.
• Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better. • We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better. • You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world. • We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team. • We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
• Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
• Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.