What language do you want to use Torre in?
McGraw Hill, the leading provider of digital and print educational materials is looking for a Data Scientist Intern to work remotely within our Digital Platform Group (DPG).
• Cleanse and wrangle student interaction data from our learning platforms • Build ML models which learn from student behavior and predict learning outcomes • Evaluate performance and improve those models • Build service endpoints to deploy those models to real applications which are customer (instructor/student) facing.
• Strong hands-on programming skills in Python or Scala • Experience with standard data science packages and methodologies • Experience training and evaluating a broad variety of supervised and unsupervised learning models using various optimization algorithms • Experience with Spark a big plus • A desire to innovate in the adaptive learning/personalized digital learning space.
• This group is responsible for building and supporting innovative on-line platforms to power learning across our K-12, Higher Education, International, and Professional segments. As part of this team, the Analytics and Reporting department is building best-in-class applications that leverage data and machine learning for advanced analytics and adaptive learning products. If you are interested in contributing to the future of digital and remote learning, join us!
• A degree program in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent.
• As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.